Wednesday, January 25, 2006

What a downer!

Well, I didn't make it to spinning class this morning. And I didn't make it to the gym first thing in the morning either. I think this challenge has finally gotten the better of me. The exhaustion hit me yesterday. I just had to take a nap after coming home from work, and I didn't wake up until 8 pm. This morning, I woke up early enough, but I just didn't have the energy to get out of bed.

The good news is I made it up by going to the gym at 10 am. Thank God for company gyms!

Workout

CARDIO: 20 minutes HIIT on the elliptical, 10 minutes moderate intensity going backwards on the elliptical.
STRETCH
ABS: medicine ball exercises, knee ups, pilates

I was still feeling lethargic going into the workout, but once I started it's like someone lit a match up my behind! I was actually kicking a@@! According to the display, I burned an excess of 300 calories at the 20-minutes mark. Normally at this timepoint, I would just be passing 290 calories. I guess this kind of prove that there's really no good time to workout. Yes, you do burn "stored" fat in the morning, but you burn more calories overall later in the day since you have more energy. I still plan to do my workout in the morning. For one thing, it frees up your time for the rest of the day. And second, it worked for me during my first challenge. Why fix something that ain't broke?

Anyways, here's what I ate today:

Meals

M1: Cinnamon Protein Pancake
M2: EFL Roast Beef (w/ baby carrots & baby red potatoes)
M3: BFL RTD shake
M4: brown rice, grilled salmon, spinach
M5: EFL vanilla mouse

I finally finished the roast beef that I made last week. I froze some of them and that's what I've been eating for lunch this week. I made EFL turkey meatloaf today, which I will have for my lunches starting tomorrow.

Gym Gripe - continued

I took Katie's & Jennifer's advice (Thank you gals!) and dropped an anonymous note in my gym's suggestion box (see blog entry from 2 days ago), basically expressing my displeasure about that HUGE desk in the exercise room. We'll see what happens.

The Biggest Loser

I sooooo love this show. I don't know if it's PMS or hormones, but tonight's show was just emotional for me. I was especially touched by the 2 teenagers in the show and how their mothers started crying during the daughters' intial weigh-in. It was a realization for them that they're partially responsible for the current conditions of their daughters. The one daughter, who is only 16, actually has the first sign of adult diabetes! What's sad is that this is probably a representation of what a lot of our youths are going through nowadays. America is just going downhill when it comes to health and fitness, and it's starting younger and younger.

2 comments:

KatieFeldmom said...

Do you think a sixth meal might help with the tiredness? Of course, I don't know your schedule though, so it might not fit into, but if it can, then you should try to get that one in.

chantal2bfit said...

Hi Katie!
I thought about that. However, I tried before, but it's hard with my schedule. I think I just needed more rest. I feel better today already!