Saturday, January 21, 2006

C2W3D20

I'm at my parents' right now. Workout is still going strong! The eating part is so-so....I'm not even going to talk about it. Overall, not too bad.

I went to the gym near here this morning. It's an all women's gym, but it's not like Curves. It has all kinds of regular gym equipment, which is good enough for me. It's the cheapest around here too - $7/visit - and the people there are really nice. The only thing is the walls and all the equipment are painted this bright yellow color. What is up with that?

Anyways, my workout went like this:

WARMUP - 1 min walking at 3.5 mph & 1% incline, 5 min running at 5.0 mph & 1% incline
LBWO - BFL style (hams, quads, calves), 3 sets of 12 reps wide leg squat with heavy weights for the inner thighs, 3 sets of 12 reps adductor machine.
STRETCH
CARDIO - 25 minutes walking/running (mostly walking on a steep incline, ran .25 miles at 5.5 mph)
ABS - 2 sets 12 reps leg up using the captain's chair

After lunch, I went for a walk with my parents. We went to this park with a walking/jogging trail around it (approx. 0.4 miles). The weather was sunny this morning, but got cloudy by the time we got to the park. Fortunately, the temperature was still mild. We went around 4 times, which totaled approximately 1.6 miles. Not too bad. We usually go around 6 times, but my mom was experiencing some foot pain due to a fall she had over New Year's eve.

Arch pains
I've been experiencing some pain on the arch of my left foot since Thursday. On Thursday, I ran 3 miles on the treadmill & walked 2.6 miles. I was fine after the run, but I noticed the pain a little after the walk. I strongly suspect it's the shoes. I have this pair Saucony running shoes that I bought on eBay really cheap, and I keep it under my desk for my lunch time walks. Since I bought these shoes, I've had nothing but problems with it. First, it was blistering on my heels, so I bought heel guards. Now, it's the arch. I should probably buy some Dr. Scholl's inserts for arch support.

Who would have thought something like this was going to happen? I thought any athletic shoes are okay for walking. Also, Saucony is supposed to be one of the better running shoes around.

I am hoping that my arch feels better by Monday for my running HIIT. Tomorrow is my free day, so it should give my arch some time to rest. I've been stretching and icing it, so maybe that will help also.

Gym Observation
I've seen my share of wacky things at the gym but today just take the cake. There was a girl on the treadmill next to mine while I was doing my warmup. This girl was wearing a pair of Daisy Duke, shredded jean shorts and a corduroy hat. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT? Anyways, this girl was doing all kinds of wierd arm movements and she kept fixing her hat as if she was posing. She also looked like she was working really hard. But when I glanced at her treadmill screen, she was only walking 3.0 mph on a 1% incline. I surreptitiously looked at her screen while I was walking behind her and saw that she walked 3.57 miles and and her time was like 13 minutes. At first I did a double-take, but then realized she must have been walking 1 hour, 13 minutes. I guess if she has been walking that long, she was probably tired by then.

She looked fit though, with nicely cut arms. Maybe 20 minutes HIIT cardio is not the way to go, but 1 hour 13 minutes of light cardio. Hmmmm...makes you think ;=0.

No comments: