Saturday, January 14, 2006

Crazy January!

Weather today sucks! It's been cloudy and drizzling all day! The good news is, it actually warm for January...55 F at 7 am! It supposedly went up to 60 F. Unfortunately, what good is that if you can't do anything outside anyways coz of the rain?

It's now night time, and the temperature is supposed to drop to winter-like. Snow showers are predicted for tomorrow morning. Then on Monday, it's back to fairly mild (like 45 F), and then it's supposed to get warmer again later on in the week. I guess nature's making up for the extremely cold December. Not that I'm complaining. I like it warm...keeps my heating bill low.

Anyways, I made it to morning workout today. I woke up around 7 am, but my "weekend" gym doesn't open until 8 am. I had some coffee, watched TV, left the house at like 9:15am, and I was at the gym by 9:25 am. The gym was soooo crowded!!! I cannot wait until these New Year's resolution gym goers get over it.

Thankfully, my "weekday" gym, which happens to be at work, doesn't get this crowded in the morning. I guess people who goes to my work gym are more lax and do not want to be bothered with getting up in the morning earlier than usual just to make it to the gym and still be able to be at their work area on time. Lunch times get extremely crowded though and I am glad I stopped going at that time.

Anyways, working out at my "weekend" gym is always a pleasure. It's fairly new, so all the equipment are also fairly new. They have this program called "EZ-Fit" in which you pay for only 20 gym days that you can use anytime within a year's period for only $100 ($5/day). It's convenient and worth it since this gym is closer than my work gym and they're open most of the time. Other than weekdays, my work gym is only open 8 am - 12 pm on Saturdays and closed on Sundays and holidays.

Anyways, on to today's workout. C2W2D13. Needless to say, it was awesome.

UBWO: triceps, lats, chest, shoulders, biceps (BFL style) - definitely hit level 10's!!!
STRETCH (both arms and legs)
CARDIO: walking/running on the treadmill at 1.0 incline (0:00-3:00 walking 3.5-3.8 mph; 3:00-5:00 running 4.5 mph; 5:00-26:00 running 5.0-6.0 mph; 26:00-31+ walking 3.8 mph)
STRETCH (legs)

Total walked/ran is 2.55 miles in 31 plus minutes. I wanted to do 3 miles of just 3 minutes walking for cooldown, but I was exhausted! Keep in mind, all I had was coffee that morning and my workout is later than what I'm used to. I think my energy reserve was just depleted. My shirt was all drenched it was disgusting! I think the fact that there was just too much people and the gym was just plain stuffy didn't help. I was going to run errands after working out since next door there's a Walmart, GNC, and a supermarket. But I needed a shower REALLY BAD! I don't know if I smelled, but I wouldn't be surprised if I did!

Okay, I have a gym observation for today. There was a woman who hopped on the treadmill next to mine as I was doing my cooldown. She's probably in her 30's, and pretty thin. Anyways, she had her treadmill set at 14.9 incline and 6.1 mph! Now, normally I would say more power to her, but she was doing the strangest thing. She would alternate between running and walking, but when she runs, she's holding on to the side of her treadmill for dear life and she looks like her feet was barely skimming the floor. I would bet that she's getting more of a upper body workout than a lower body workout. Then when she's walking, she's like holding on to the handle bars for dear life. It was such a strange routine.

Well, I also kind of noticed her earlier while she and I were doing weights. She would set her weights to really high, which extremely compromises her technique and posture. You can tell that she was struggling to just move the weights a little bit. She needs to hire a trainer to show her the proper form, or at least read some fitness books. I'm afraid she will injure herself one of these days.

I went to the supermarket today and bought tons of groceries. I'm making cinnamon pancakes and easy veggie quiche, which I got from the tracker forum. I plan to freeze some of these. I'm also planning on making EFL shrimp scampi for next week's dinners and EFL Roast Beef for next week's lunches. The roast beef makes 8 servings, so some will be frozen as well.

Right now, I'm making multi-grain whole wheat bread using my bread maker. Hope it turns out good.

Tomorrow is my day off from working out. It is also my free day! Yay! I have one more meal (dinner), and maybe a snack later on, and C2W2 is in the books!

Monday is Martin Luther King's Day and I am off from work. Which means it's a long weekend for me and I'm going back to my "weekend" gym on Monday.

No comments: