Thursday, January 19, 2006

C2W3D18

Today's workout was a success! (If only I can say the same thing about the eating part.)

Made it to the gym first thing this morning. And I was early enough that I was able to do both UBWO and non-HIIT cardio.

First, UBWO. I made sure I hit level 10's in all upper-body muscle groups. I was lucky enough to have the cable machine all to myself, so I tried this new shoulder exercise where you're in between 2 stations and pull the handles to the center in front of you. I don't know if I'm explaining it correctly, but I see a lot of people doing this exercise. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'm strong enough to load up on the weights. Hopefully, it will improve with time.

Next stop, the treadmill. I ran approx. 3 miles straight! Yay! I walked the first 3 minutes then ran the whole way after that. Between the start of the run and 25 minutes, my average was about 5.6 mph. I then increased the speed to 6.0-6.1 mph until I achieved 3 miles, which happened around 32+ minutes. I then slowed down gradually until I got to a walking pace and stopped at 35 minutes.

Today's run is sort of a revelation for me. It looks like I can stay at around 5.5 - 6.0 mph pace for a long time. So on Monday for my running HIIT, I may be able to increase my speed, and maybe, just maybe, hit that 2 miles in 20 minutes goal. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Today's weather was also pretty nice. Sunny and mild (mid-40's F) and NO WIND. I ate my lunch quickly and headed out for a walk. I went to the walking/jogging trail at work and went around the circular trail twice. There were a lot of people there, which was good. Total miles walked between my building and the trail and twice around the trail was approx. 2.6 miles.

Tomorrow's weather is supposed to be even better. It's predicted go to up to 60F! Now, I'm not holding my breath since the weather forecasts have been letting me down recently. However, if the forecast actually comes true, you can be sure I'll be on that trail with my iPOD tomorrow.

As for the eating...it was good for the most part (so far). It was someone's b-day today in my office area, and they brought in carrot cake and left it in the kitchen. I'm ashamed to say that I ate some. However, I only ate a really thin piece - almost transparent. I just had to satisfy my sweet tooth.

Last night's episode of The Biggest Loser was such a motivation. I'm glad the red team won, as they have been my favorite from the beginning. However, I am equally impressed by both teams since they all worked hard and it showed. Can't wait for next week's episode. It's supposed to be between 2 families who are restaurant owners. Should be good.

1 comment:

KatieFeldmom said...

Great job on the exercising.
No worries about the carrot cake slipup since it satisfied your sweet tooth and it was such a small *transparent* piece.