Monday, January 30, 2006

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After months of trying, I finally did it.....2.0 miles in 20 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, here's my workout this morning:

Workout

STRETCHING
CARDIO: 5 minutes walking on the treadmill (warm-up)
STRETCHING
CARDIO: 20 minutes HIIT running on the treadmill @ 0.5 incline (2.0 MILES!!!!!), 5 minutes walking (cool-down)
STRETCHING
ABS: Ab Bootcamp

HIIT
Level 5: 5.5 mph
Level 6: 5.6 mph
Level 7: 5.8 mph
Level 8: 6.0 mph
Level 9: 6.2 mph
Level 10: 6.5-6.9 mph (minutes 18 & 19)

The next goal is to run Level 6 at 6.0 mph.

Today was so beautiful also, so I headed out and did my 2.6 miles walk after lunch.

Eating is okay. I've been snacking. Someone at work brought in some kind of pineapple & walnut cake and left it in the kitchen. It was soooo good. I also had some sweet potato chips. Tomorrow, I will eat clean.

Yoga - Revisited
(For Katie)

The yoga video I used yesterday is called "Healing Yoga For Common Conditions". There's a video that I want to get called "AM/PM Yoga for Beginners with Rodney Yee". It's supposed to be 20 minutes each session. Here's a great internet video store: http://www.collagevideo.com/. They tell you what level the video is geared for and they also have 60 seconds preview.

If you're a total beginner, I recommend attending at least a couple yoga classes. The instructor will guide through the proper positions, which you really can't get from the videos. A good instructor will actually walk around the class and help the students get into the proper positions. Once you're familiar with the yoga basics, you may decide to just practice on your own.

I am planning on doing yoga in addition to the 6 BFL workout. I'm just doing really basic stuff, mostly geared towards improving flexibility. In addition, I'm only going to do, at the most, 30-minutes sessions at a time. If I do become advanced where the practice actually becomes more for strengthening, I may have to re-evaluate and substitute it for one of my weight lifting workout.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

CONGRATS ON THE RUN!!! Very awesome.. :)

Wolfie said...

Congrats! Ahhh! I still can't get there! lol. Kuddos to you! And no more snacking little missy, and I'll try to do the same, ya hear?

KatieFeldmom said...

Thanks for the info! I will see about beginner classes.

WAY TO GO ON THE RUN!
You are awesome!

Mommy and Addie said...

Congratulations!
I like your yoga idea. I'm thinking of working pilates into my free day. Keep it up!