Thursday, January 12, 2006

Indian Summer

Workout this morning went awesome. I was at work by 6:30 am, went to my desk to check email, then walked over to the gym.

Morning workout routine went like this:

WARM-UP: 1 minute slow walk then 5 minutes fast walk w/ incline on the treadmill
LBWO: BFL style (quads, hamstring, CALVES!!!), leg adductor and abductor machines (3 X 12 each)
CARDIO: 20 minutes moderate intensity rowing machine
STRETCH

My right calf felt better. Still sore and tender, but a lot more manageable. I used the seated leg press machine for the calf exercise. I set the weight stacks lower than what I'm used to doing, but I didn't want to overdo it and make it worse. I normally set the weights at 200, 205, 210, 215, and 205 lbs. for 12, 10, 8, 6, and 12 reps, respectively. However, today I went 150, 155, 160, and 165 lbs. I didn't bother doing the last 12 reps w/ different exercise. I still got a good workout, although I definitely did not hit a 10 for calves.

The good news is I increased the weights for my lunges and squats. Yay, me!

I ended up having lunch with a friend in the cafeteria. I got shrimp fajitas with 3 PIECES OF FRIGGIN SHRIMP, peppers, salsa, and a little guacamole (probably not BFL friendly) in a wrap. I was so pissed about the shrimp. They make this dish on the spot and the whole time they were making it, all I could think of was "That's not even a whole protein portion!!!". Granted, the shrimps were jumbo size, BUT STILL!!! I probably should have said something, but I hate confrontations so I just let it go. The wraps were kept warm on the side, but I would have prefered to have them toast the whole thing after everything has been assembled. To top it all off, the whole thing costs $5.08 (with tax)! A little pricey for 3 PIECES OF SHRIMP!!!

Anyways, the weather here today is just BEAUTIFUL!!! It's in the middle of January in Pennsylvania and the temperature is 60 F!!! How awesome is that! I definitely took advantage of it. After lunch, I met my boss for a one-on-one, which only lasted 30 minutes. Afterwards, I changed into my sneakers, took my iPOD, and went out for a walk. I was in a waiting phase with a project I'm working on, so I was able to indulge today. Anyways, my plantsite just happen to have a little park-like area with a paved trail surrounding it, so I headed over there. The trail was empty since it was way after lunch time and I'm sure most people have work to do. Anyways, the walk from my building to the trail is about .6 miles and the trail is about .7 miles. I went around the trail twice, so between that and the walk to and from my building, I racked up approximately 2.6 miles!!! Not bad! It was just so nice and I didn't even need a jacket or a sweater! I'm going to try to do it again tomorrow since the weather is supposed to be the same.

I saw The Biggest Loser last night. I'm definitely rooting for the red team, and I was so happy that they won both the challenge and the weigh-in. I just couldn't bring myself to cheer for the blue team because the blonde in the blue team was just a bitch. The red team was just more down to earth. Of course, it could just be due to editing that she was made to appear bitchy. Both teams are still inspirational and I would love to see all of them succeed, if not as the biggest loser, then for overall improving their health and way of life. I definitely cannot wait for the conclusion next week!

No comments: