Wednesday, January 11, 2006

A blah day...

I feel like crap right now. Not flu-like, just crap. I sort of have the chills too. I went home early today and took a nap. I'll try to go to bed early tonight and hopefully, that will help me feel better by tomorrow. I was planning on making some EFL golden pancakes for breakfast, but I don't know if I'll have the energy. I usually make a bunch, freeze them in ziploc bags, and take them to work for breakfast.

As for today's workout, I got up early and I was at the gym by 6:45 am. I was planning on going to the 6:15 am spinning class, but couldn't bring myself to get up earlier. For me to make it to class, I will have to be out the door by 5:30am. My work/gym is approx. 20 minutes from my house, but it takes at least 5 minutes to walk from the parking lot to the gym, then some time to set up my bike, then about 5 minutes to change. I guess I can wear my gym clothes on the way there, but I have this fear of forgetting something important, like underwears! So, since my gym has a laundry service, I just take advantage of it. Also, this is a popular class so if I want to reserve a spot, I will have to go early. I also like to get a bike next to the counters on this one side of the room. I like to put my water bottle on it for easy reach.

Anyways, in lieu of spinning, my workout was as follows:

CARDIO: 20 minutes HIIT then 10 minutes moderate steady pace on the stationary bike
EXTRA LONG STRETCHES (special attention to my calves - explanation later)
ABS: crunches on the ball with weights (BFL style,) side crunches on the ball with feet against the wall (24 reps each side)

I don't know what's going on, but my right calf still hurts from Sunday's LBWO. Yesterday, I was limping all day because of it. I iced it last night and it feels better today. I can actually walk straight! But it still feels tender to the touch. I plan on applying a hot pack tonight and pray that it helps. As you can see, the pain did not stop me from completing my workout this morning, so I'm proud of that at least. I'm really worried though since tomorrow's my LBWO. If it's still sore, I might skip calf exercises and do something else.

Today's gym observation - There's this girl who's a regular at the gym. She's probably in her 20s and in pretty good shape. What struck me though is she reads a magazine every time she runs on the treadmill. She doesn't run all out, maybe moderate speed on a stead pace, but still!!! How can you read with all that movement?! I personally couldn't do it. Maybe she just looks at the pictures. Who knows! Hey, that's a great idea!!! Get a magazine with a picture of a really fit woman - someone you would aspire to be, and maybe that could serve as a motivation. I should try that sometime.

Speaking of motivation, I think there's a 2-hours Biggest Loser special tonight. Should be good.

No comments: