Thursday, November 22, 2007

Turkey Day 5K

Ran a Turkey Day 5K this morning - I've always wanted to run a 5K on Thanksgiving Day.

The race started at around 10 am which was perfect since it's early enough in the morning without it being too early (does that make sense? LOL). Weather was PERFECTION!!!! The race was around this river near my parents house and it was just beautiful!

My time was slllooooowwww though. First off, I set out to do this race just as a fun run and was just going to run this race easy so not too aggravate the knee and IT band. Once I was off, I was actually running at a fairly decent pace while still feeling relaxed. For the first 2 miles, I thought I was actually going to finish at a decent time! However, the side stitch that I started feeling around the first mile just wouldn't go away and was too hard to ignore by mile 3. So I walked some. Finished in 30:58 (3.13 miles) according to Garmin.

Oh well!!! Still happy overall since the knee and IT band held up throughout the race. The outside of my knee started feeling stiff later in the day, but I just massaged around it and it eventually loosened up. Of course, I must have massaged it too hard coz I now have this big ugly bruise around the area.

Thank God I did this race since I ended up having 2 Thanksgiving meals! First, we had lunch at my brother's house. With a 2-weeks old baby and all, they really couldn't go anywhere yet. Then for dinner, went to another friend's house for another big meal. I feel like a stuffed bird!

3 comments:

Irene said...

Take care of that knee! Nice job on the 5K!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the race! Glad you had great weather for it. Hope the bruise goes away quickly!

Stef said...

Yay! Good for you, girl!!!

=)