Saturday, January 07, 2006

Today's Fitness Log...

Nothing to report for today. I was planning on going to the gym this morning to do LBWO but my parents, brothers, and their significant others wanted to come over to my house and they didn't tell me what time. So I stayed home and did no exercise. I did some cleaning though. I do plan to go to the gym tomorrow to do LBWO and maybe some light/moderate cardio. If I don't go, I'll try to work out in my basement using freeweights and a ball, and maybe pop in a step DVD.

However, I was good this week. I did all my workout early in the morning on an empty stomach and it looks like this:

Monday (while using the gym by my parent's house)
CARDIO: 5 minutes bike (I was planning to do my HIIT on it, but the bikes in this gym were shaky so I got off), 20 minutes HIIT on the elliptical, 10 minutes Lifestyle stepper (kicked my butt! Unfortunately, there's nothing like this in my regular gym)
ABS: incline bench, captain's chair

Tuesday (back to my work gym, which means back to work..ugghhh!!!)
WARM-UP: 5 minutes on the treadmill walking on a steep incline
LBWO: BFL technique using walking lunges, squats with ball on the wall, etc. for gluts, hams, and calves. Leg adductor and abductor (3 sets of 12 each)
CARDIO: 10 minutes treadmill walking on a steep incline

Wednesday
CARDIO: 20 minutes HIIT on the stationary bike, with 10 minutes moderate biking at the end
ABS: crunches on the ball with weights using BFL technique

Thursday
UBWO: BFL technique using free weights & machines
Note: I was in a hurry due to a work deadline so I wasn't able to do more.

Friday
CARDIO: 20 minutes HIIT on the elliptical and 10 minutes moderate level going backwards
ABS: crunches with medicine ball, pilates, captain's chair, one set of back exercise
A lot of walking and climbing up and down the stairs throughout the day at work due to a deadline we needed to meet that day. I ended up leaving work at 10 pm, and it's not a paid overtime!!!

On a side note, the Friday and Saturday before New Year's, I ran on the treadmill for 3.25 miles and 2.5 miles, respectively. My right knee felt sore by Saturday afternoon and I was limping until Sunday. It felt like it was swollen, but it didn't look like it was. I wrapped it and by night time on Sunday, it felt better. This puts a damper on my routine since I normally do my HIIT running on the treadmill on Mondays. I've been trying to get into running more and this just sucks. This week, I did absolutely running to give my knee enough time to heal from whatever is. Hope to start running again next week. Maybe not full HIIT, but 5 minutes of light/moderate speed for warm-up before weight training. This is just so frustrating!

No comments: