Saturday, January 06, 2007

Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting)

No fighting though! I'm trying to come up with a title but this is the only one I can think of that has "Saturday on it. LOL!

This weekend is quiet for a change, which is a welcome relief after the craziness of the holidays. I'm getting a lot done at home, which is desperately needed as my house looks like a pig sty. Right now, I'm winding down watching the movie "Invincible" with Mark Wahlberg and Greg Kinnear. It's about a guy named Vince Papale, an ordinary guy who made the Philadelphia Eagles team through an open tryout. It's hard to believe this is the first time I'm watching this movie considering I'm in the Philadelphia Eagles territory. But that's just the way it is. Not only will the movie (hopefully) provide some motivation in my life, but it should get me in the mood for tomorrow's playoff game between the Eagles and the New York Giants. GO EAGLES!!!

The first week of January is turning out to be a strange one, but in a good way. Today, it got up to 70 F! That's unheard of in January around here in the northeast! I think the warm weather is having a positive affect on people's mood around here too. You know how you get somewhat depressed during the post-holiday season? Well, none of that around here. People are outside, enjoying the warm weather like it's summer! It's wonderful! I know that it's not going to last though. I'm just hoping we don't get too much snow. I hate snow and all that shoveling!!!!

Anyways, I got all my workouts done this week!

Yesterday (Friday):
AM: 50 minutes spinning class, Abs
Went to a spinning class at work just before lunchtime. Boy, was it TOUGH!!! I'm glad we got an instructor that really pushed us!

Today (Saturday):
AM: 4+ miles running outside
PM: UBWO, Leg Strengthening Exercises
Of course I took advantage of the nice weather today! Wore just a shirt (dry wicking of course) and shorts and had to apply sunscreen! UBWO was done at 10 pm. I had to run some errands today, do some work around the house, then a friend of mine called and we chatted a bit. Next thing you know, it's late.

That should be it for the week! Except for work, I'm ready to face next week head on! Got my groceries done, meals planned, etc. So far so good!

P.S.
Still watching "Invincible". It's really good! =)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Chantal! You sound like you're on fire!! Keep it up!

I want to see Invincible...sounds like a great movie.

Unknown said...

Great job on week 1 of the New Year. WOW...70's?? How nice! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Janel said...

Hey I'm watching the game right now. LOL We just heard the announcer tell about the weather yesterday and we both look at each other like....HUH??? It wasn 't even that warm here in AZ yesterday!! Too wierd. Goodl uck with your week! Go get 'em!!

Pamela said...

Cute title! lol! made me Look!
as to the weather...yep WEIRD!

we've got storms galore happening up here & some unreal winds comming off the ocean the past few days .. up over 110 km/hr~!

ThirtyTen said...

You sure you don't live down here in Texas??? Can you come do my cardio?