Monday, January 29, 2007

Mountains

I heard this song for the first time this weekend and decided that I gotta' have it in my iPod playlist. (Don't you all just love YouTube?)



I love these verses:

There are times in life when you gotta crawl,
Lose your grip, trip an' fall
When you can't lean on no-one else:
That's when you find yourself
I've been around an' I've noticed that,
Walkin's easier when the road is flat
Them danged ol' hills'll get you every time
Yeah, the good Lord gave us mountains,
So we could learn how to climb

Bobby, Bobby Dunn came back from the war,
Lost his leg but they couldn't take his will
Hell bent to run in that local marathon,
He trained through the endless pain an' pills
It hurt so bad that sometimes,
He just had to cry,
He didn't stop until he crossed,
That finish line

So what's your "mountain" today? Mine was my iPod dying on me in minute 10 of my 40 minutes cardio. HA! HA!

----------------------------------------------------------

No rest for the lazy for me this weekend! I cleaned the house - still not completely done but I made some dent. Also cooked my BFL meals for the week. So kind of productive. Anyways, here is my workout log since my last update:

Saturday:
AM: Treadmill (4 miles running!!!! + 10 minutes walking), Leg Strengthening Exercises
Comment: Was supposed to do LBWO but got lazy and didn't get it done. :(

Sunday:
AM: LBWO
Comment: Supposedly my free day, but what can I say? It needs to get done! It must have been a good workout coz I'm feeling it today, particularly in my inner thighs which needs the most work. Must have been due to the dumbbell sumo squat. Ouch!

Today (Monday):
PM: Elliptical (20 minutes HIIT + 20 minutes MISS backwards), Abs
Comment: Like I said, iPod died on me 10 minutes into the cardio. I forgot to flip the switch to hold and it must have played while in my gym bag. But I got my cardio done! I don't need no stinkin' iPod (LOL)! And according to the machine, I burned over 600 calories. Of course it's inaccurate, but I'll still take it!

So tonight is a big TV night. 24 and Heroes are on! And I finally figured out how to set up my VCR for recording! It's been a while, but it came back to me eventually. I missed Heroes last week and NBC.com didn't post it and the SciFi channel didn't play it today like they used to. Grrr! Anyways, it's all good now! So I'm going to relax now and enjoy my shows!

3 comments:

KatieFeldmom said...

Do you have a link for the leg strengthening exercises?

Keep up the great work!!!!!!!

Laurie said...

I'll have to try those Sumo Squats, looks painful!

My Mountain today is climbing back up from the low-blood sugar hell I got myself in this morning from working out. How can something so good for you, be so bad?

Greg said...

That is a great song. I can't believe I've never heard that. It sounds like your really going strong!