Friday, January 26, 2007

The Cup of Life

Boy, what a flashback! I haven't heard this song in such a long time. But it was one of the songs played during today's spinning class. I was dying until I heard this song. I will definitely dowload this song to my iPod to add to my running/workout playlist.




So yes, I did spinning today and it kicked my ass as usual! I didn't make it to work to the 45 minute morning class, but made it to the one-hour long class around lunch time. There was no way in hell I was getting out of the house really early this morning! The temperature was in the single digits with the wind chill making it feel like it was sub-zero! Brrrr!

But get this, there were a couple of people still out running today! I saw a girl walking into the gym locker room all decked up in cold running gear. Then as I was working on abs in the stretching room, there was a guy there stretching, his many layers of cold gear outerware laying on the floor. I don't care how many cold gear running clothes you give me, but there is no way anybody is going to make go out to run in this weather! The treadmill is my best friend during the winter season.

Speaking of treadmill, I found this thread in Runner's World forum. It basically proves I'm not that only abnormal person who finds running on the treadmill harder than running outside. HA!

Also, I was talking to this guy I know from my last job. He's running the New Jersey Marathon in April, then the Philadelphia Broad Street 10-Mile Run the week after. THEN, he's also planning on running the Jefferson Distance Run (1/2 Marathon) in September. THEN the Philadelphia Marathon in November. He's built like a Kenyan but he's French (LOL). Anyways, I've seen him running on the treadmill a lot at the gym, so I'm 99% sure he did most of his training via treadmill. I also asked him if he runs outside around the winter time and he said no. He finished his last marathon in the low 4-hours range. I'm really glad to know that the treadmill is still a good tool for training in long distance runs. It will come in handy IF I ever decide (or brave enough) to do a run longer than a 5K (LOL). Unfortunately, the mind and heart is willing, but the body is not.

TGIF! Have a great weekend everybody!

5 comments:

Janel said...

That song would be very good for a spinning class! That is awesome you are getting all that running in....Awesome!! I'd never run in the cold either wouldn't that freeze your lungs or something??? Yeah, I'm sure it would. :D

Anonymous said...

The coldest temperature I've ever run is was about 20ish, any colder and I would've been miserable. When we would stop for water our bodies would be steaming (LOL).

I think running on a treadmill is harder than running outside, but in a different way. The treadmill makes you go faster. I see that you are running on a 1% incline, is this to simulate street running?

If you ever want to do a long distance run, I'll do it with you! You can do it!!!!

Pamela said...

Great song! & neat stuff you're finding out about the running!

Jen said...

Love this song. Love Ricky Martin too - don't care what team he plays on - he is HOT. He would make a nice addition to Grey's Anatomy... Hmmm. Anyway - thanks for sharing. Your running program really inspires me.

Anonymous said...

LOVE my treadmill. You couldn't PAY me to run outside in that type of weather!