Monday, January 08, 2007

Gonna Fly Now

I love this song! It's the first song on my cardio playlist and it gets my blood pumping everytime I hear it.

On a related topic, GO EAGLES! Great game last night! Next stop - New Orleans!

Yesterday was very productive. I went to church in the morning, then went to the mall to return a sweater. I also needed to get silver sandals for my bridesmaid dress for my brother's wedding in April. I'm scheduled for a fitting this coming Saturday and I need the sandals with me. Guess what, NOTHING! My feet are too small - 5 1/2 - and the smallest the stores carry is 6! I can typically get away with a 6 on boots and sneakers, but never sandals. So I went to Zappos.com, and I was saved! And, the one I got was a special where shipping upgrade for 2-days express is FREE! This is the first time I've purchased anything from Zappos.com so I'm crossing my fingers that everything works out.

In addition to the shoes, I got tons of work done around the house. Did a little bit of cleaning and straightening up here and there and also cooked my meals for the week.

Today started out on a positive note also. We were supposed to get flooded. In fact, we were warned we were supposed to get over 4" of rain between last night and this morning, and because of all the rain we already got the last couple of weeks, we would only need a little under 2" to get to flood stage. However, it turned out not to be too bad. We did get rain, but nothing too heavy. In fact, other than the occassional slow drivers, my drive to work was uneventful.

Best of all, I made it to the gym super early today! Did 20 minutes HIIT + 20 minutes MISS on the eliptical machine, followed by abs. Eating has been clean so far (and will be for the remainder of the night). Supplements are on target. Water has been guzzled on a regular basis.

I just need to stop watching the Food Network. They just showed a special on Coldstone Creamery ice cream, one of my many food weaknesses. Thankfully, I made some EFL Cheesecake last night, which should satisfy my sweet tooth. ;-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love zappos.com...in fact I have a box sitting right here next to the desk that i need to return...and that's what is so cool...free shipping BOTH ways. My daughter wears a size 10 and those are hard to find so we LOVE zappos....

FV Tom said...

I love zappos, too!

And I love Coldstone Creamery. There is one within walking distance of our house. Sometimes, when I've been real good, we get to walk up there and get something!