Thursday, June 01, 2006

Happy June!

Hey gang! First of all, thank you for your nice comments from my previous blog. I'm not really close to the guy that passed away, but we know each other. We've talked & joked around in the past and we always greeted each other by name when we pass. I was still affected emotionally by his sudden death. His funeral is tomorrow morning. I'm not going since it would probably be awkward considering we're not really close. However, many people around here are going. There's going to be an educational fund set up for his kids, so I'll probably just contribute through that.

-----------------------------------------

On to more lighthearted topic...

My Memorial Day weekend was awesome, if you don't count the overeating, LOL! But, I was expecting this. I got a lot done around the house on Saturday. I was actually on my hands and knees scrubbing my kitchen floor! Does that count as a workout? I sure hope so, coz I missed my UBWO for that day, LOL. Anyways, I have these linoleum floors comes standard with most home developments around here, and dirt just keeps getting into these tiny pits in the floor. I mop pretty frequently, but once in a while, you just have to give it a thorough scrubbing. Next year, if finances go according to plan, I plan to replace the linoleum with tile.

Then Sunday, I had my whole family over for some BBQ. It was actually a bribe so can get enough people to help me set up the treadmill, LOL. Hey, it worked! My treadmill is now set up in my basement and what a beaut it is!!!

Monday, I went to another cookout. I just felt so bloated once the holiday weekend was over! But it was enjoyable nonetheless.

------------------------------------------

Fitness...

Surprisingly pretty good. I'm back to running! Monday morning, I was staying at my parents house and we went to the park nearby. My parents walked and I ran 4 miles. The knees held up pretty good! Yippee!!!

Tuesday afternoon, I ran on my treadmill. It was just too hot to run outside. The treadmill was great! Very light and airy on the knees. I ran 2 miles :( I had it facing the TV, but I just got so bored! Physically, I could have gone longer but mentally, I couldn't get into it. I just have to get used to this new set-up and find a good distraction.

This morning, I actually got up early and was out the door by 6 am. It was mid 60's, but already humid and no breeze. Yuk! I only ran 4 miles though. Nature called and around the last mile, I had to carefully walk home to avoid some jarring ;-D. I still have to do my LBWO today. But it will get done! I can either go to the gym here at work sometime this afternoon, or wait until after work and just do it at home.

I'm still doing the booty shrinker routine. So far, I've done it twice this week. It's still kicking my butt.

--------------------------------

WTF!!!

I went shopping this past Saturday and either I actually got smaller or the clothing sizes went up again within the past month or so, but I actually fit in size 0 shorts...COMFORTABLY. I've always had issues with my thighs, because they're just so BIG, so I've always stayed away from shorty shorts (not necessarily Daisy Dukes where your butt cheeks are hanging out, LOL). But I tried some on this weekend in size 0, and they actually look pretty decent on me! So I bought a pair and I am quite happy with it. :-D

I still need to do more shopping. My clothes that were comfortable on me last year are now falling off! Thank God it's summer and I can now wear short skirts & cropped pants. This means no waiting for alterations! YAY!

-----------------------------------------------

Hope everybody's having a great day! One more day till the weekend!!!

7 comments:

Donna said...

Size 0, holy crap woman! That's awesome. Don't go any lower though or you'll have to shop in the little girls department. Maybe I could give you my daughter's hand me downs, haha.

Glad you got your treadmill set up.

KatieFeldmom said...

Congrats on the treadmill and the new shorts.

FV Tom said...

Congrats on the treadmill. Wish I had one in front of TV I could control. My gym has the TVs but there isn't ever anything very interesting on them.

Julie said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your coworker passing away. That type of thing is always so shocking when it happens to someone you know, isn't it?

Glad to hear you're back into running again! And that's so awesome about the shorts! I'm with ya on hating alterations: it's hard for me to find a great pair of pants that fit lengthwise right off the rack. Ah, the joys of being 5'4!

Julie said...

Um, that should have read 5'4"...

Erin said...

holy %$^&*^%$%... Size 0!?!?!? WOW. One of the best things about being that small is that you can get really good deals on clothes... it's almost always the last size left so they put it on closeout, LOL!

Janel said...

Wow, 0's!! Congrats!!!


And ironically I was thinking about my tile grout and how I should get on my knees and scrub it. HA! You can NEVER get away from it!! MUUUUAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAA!