Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Another goal met

Still going strong with the workouts! This morning, I ran on my treadmill for my moderate cardio. One of my goals, in addition running 2 miles in 20 minutes, was to run 5K (3.1 miles) in 30 minutes or less. Today, I DID IT! My exact time was 29:44!!! I'm so excited about it!

I also went to the gym a little bit after lunch and did UBWO and Smith Machine leg exercises. Workouts for the day - CHECK!!!

Eating has been clean! I was so proud of myself today! Someone from work brought in a bunch of white chocolate bars and left them in the kitchen, ready for the picking. I stayed strong and resisted, but man was it tough! What I did was avoid our kitchen altogether and went to the kitchen downstairs for water & coffee. Whew! Disaster averted!

Nothing interesting going on outside of diet & fitness. Just routine stuff. Still getting a lot of rain, but not as bad as yesterday. We actually got a little peek from the sun today! It's still there, after all ;)!!! Right now, I'm catching up on some laundry.

That's it for today! Catch you all later!

7 comments:

Donna said...

Well now you've sent the rain my way. It's supposed to rain off and on for the next few days. Haven't we had enough already? They are saying nice weather for the weekend though, so that's good.

Awesome job on the treadmill! And kudos for you for resisting those chocolate bars. It's the same thing around here. If you want to get rid of something quicky, just bring it in here and leave it on the front counter, they'll eat anything.

Erin said...

Congrats!! I hope you realize that running a sub 30-min 5k on a TREADMILL is an amazing feat... I bet if you actually ran a road race right now you would probably do much better than that... you are making some great progress speed demon! :)

Hope the weather finally takes a turn for the better soon!

Amy said...

Woohoo on the goal met with the running awesome job! And way to go avoiding the treats oh the kitchen area there all together. great plan. Keep focused you are sounding very motivated. remember this feeling when you are tempted to go off course!!

FV Tom said...

Way to go, Chantal!

Rachel said...

Awesome job meeting your goal. You are such a go-getter and inspiration!!!

xo, Rachel

Rachel said...

Awesome job meeting your goal. You are such a go-getter and inspiration!!!

xo, Rachel

Irene said...

Congratulations on meeting your time and distance goal! Wooohoooo!

*high fives*

~Irene