Friday, June 16, 2006

2nd Day Straight

2 days straight of working out!!! Yay! Today I did 20 minutes HIIT on the eliptical, UBWO, and abs. I ended up not doing UBWO last night as planned. I was just too tired! Ended up making some homemade protein bars instead as I am out.

Today at work was just full of temptation at work when it came to food. Went out to lunch with a friend, so that wasn't too healthy. Then at work we had brownies that one of secretaries made for this one guy who was leaving the company for Virginia. It was also another secretary's birthday so people brought in carrot cake and Coldstone Creamery ice cream cake. Yummy! Luckily, by the time I got back from lunch the brownies were gone. I ate the last piece of ice cream cake, which was soooo good! The carrot cake didn't look too good so I didn't have any. But I think just the ice cream cake alone had enough calories to last me for the whole day! So when I finally got my act together in terms of workouts, my eating suffers. LOL! Oh well! Such is life!

---------------------------------------------

So I called this heating & cooling company that I usually deal with to schedule my AC annual routine maintenance. Unfortunately, I called close to 5 pm and they close at 4 pm so I got their answering service. Here's how the conversation went...

Lady: Hello! S Heating & Cooling, how can I help you?
Me: Hi! I'd like to schedule a maintenance for my air conditioner.
Lady: I'm sorry. They close at 4 pm so this is the answering service. Would you still like to leave a message?
Me: Yes. I'd just like to schedule the routine maintenance for my air conditioner.
Lady: Wow! I'm surprised you still have air conditioning.
Me: What do you mean?
Lady: Well, you're only one of the few. Probably half the people in this country don't have air conditioning anymore.
Me: Huh? Interesting.
Lady: Can I have your name?
...and so on and so forth....

WTF?!? Did I miss something? Has the world change and I wasn't paying attention? I kept thinking about this whole conversation on the way home, while passing all these houses and taking note of their air conditioning units.

Strange!

6 comments:

Julie said...

That is really strange! Maybe she was having a boring afternoon on the phones and decided to play a practical joke on you :)

I'm the same way as you: when my exercise is going well, sometimes my eating isn't. Drives me crazy!

jennifer said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog AND thank you for the kind comments.

I had air conditioning when I lived in California. That sounds like the rantings of some bored answering service employee or just some crazy lady off her meds.

Look forward to reading your blog and finding out how nuts you are too.

jennifer

Kit Moss said...

How very odd. I'd hate to think of what kind of person I would be in July with no air conditioning.

Greg said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. TBT is total body training. I got the scheduling from T-Nation. I can send you an exmple in excel format via e-mail if you'd like. I'm sending weekly programs to a few tracker members already. These are my programs, so they may not work for everyone. That answering service gal oughtta be fired. Sounds like she was being a smart ass. Keep up the motivation. -Greg

Kimberly said...

That was just odd, very odd. Even if only half have it, how are you one of the few? Since when does "half" equal "few?"
Have people really downgraded from a/c to no a/c? I've got to stop thinking about this now.

Two days! Yay!

Hypertrophy said...

Maybe she's from Antartica ? (sp?)

You definitely have more willpower than me .. carrot cake ... oh yeah, it'd be all over.'':)