Monday, June 19, 2006

Shopping Frenzy & Cooking

What a busy weekend I had! First of all, my parents are in California visiting friends & relatives so we couldn't celebrate Father's Day this weekend. We'll do it this coming weekend once they're come back. As a result, I had the whole weekend to myself!

Saturday, I went out early for a run, showered, ate breakfast, did some housework, ate lunch, then off I went to the mall for a major shopping spree. I so needed clothes! I bought tons of summer clothes (both casual and for work), 3 pairs of fancy flip flops, 2 sandals from Nordstrom (in addition to the 2 pairs I bought the week before!), and a Maui Jim sporty sunglasses that I can wear for my runs. My bank account is hurting, but I so needed new clothes!

One thing I noticed about the trend with clothing now is the color brown. It seems like everywhere I turn, brown is prevalent. Anybody notice it?

Anyhoo, on Sunday I woke up late. After breakfast, I started cleaning my closet and ended up missing church. Ssshh, don't tell my mom, LOL! The good news is I found more clothes. I found barely worn clothes that I outgrew and that fit again! The best part is that they are still in style! After lunch, I went to Target and bought a new blender, among other things. I got rid of my old blender when I got the Magic Bullet. Unfortunately, when making a large batch of EFL Golden Pancake, The Magic Bullet just doesn't cut it. It leaks at the bottom and gets all messy. Hence, a new blender was needed. It didn't cost that much though, Thank God! I'm still keeping the Magic Bullet, since it's good for shakes.

After Target, I went food shopping, went home, and started cooking for the week. I made the EFL Taco Pasta Salad, Rachel Ray's Chicken Satay Stir-Fry with Orange Scented Jasmine Rice (modified to be more BFL friendly), and of course, the EFL Golden Pancakes. After cooking, cleaning the kitchen, and loading the dishwasher, I just crashed!

I so love having the whole weekend all to myself!

----------------------------------------------------

Off to a good start this week!

Woke up early this morning and made it to the gym. Did 30+ minutes cardio on the treadmill (20 minutes are HIIT) + Ab Bootcamp. The running was great! I didn't beat my record, but I still reached 2 miles in under 19 minutes. I'm getting consistent with this! One thing I need to do is to get new running shoes. I have a pair at home that I bought at a specialty running store. The pair I leave at the gym is something I bought somewhere because it was on sale. I noticed that it causes me to land on my feet hard and it puts too much stress on the shins and knees. Probably next month, when I get paid again ;). In the meantime, I'll just bring my good running shoes to work everytime I run on the treadmill.

Eating has been clean so far. Later, if I don't get distracted I might do some yoga.

I want to say my mojo is back, but I don't want to jinx myself. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though.

Hope everybody had a great Father's Day weekend!

4 comments:

Donna said...

I won't tell your mom that you missed church, it'll be our secret. Boy, you sure did a lot of shopping this weekend. I spent a lot of money, but none of it was on myself. Between birthday presents, food, party stuff, it was a lot. I can't believe I have to do it all again in 2 weeks. I should have just had them on the same day. Lesson learned.

Christie said...

I know what you mean about jinxing yourself...I feel the same way, but lets just say it...c'mon now, say it with me...

WE GOT OUR MOJO BACK!!!!!

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Way to go, and I bet that felt great the whole weekend to yourself...you deserve it girl.
Hugs
Christie

Melissa said...

What a great weekend! I SOOOO envy your shopping! My last shopping trip involved pants for Jon and shoes for Aiden. They deserve it though, it's usually stuff for me, hehe. All those shoes!!! What size are you? Send some my way, LOL. Great job on the workouts too, you ARE a runner, don't know what you're talking about! ;)

bethkk said...

Yeah, brown seems to be big...and I don't wear brown. I still manage to find clothes to spend money on, though! HA HA! My Nordstrom sandals weren't on sale...I went the DAY BEFORE the sale started! UGH!

Great job on the workouts! I think we're all getting back on track!