Thursday, June 29, 2006

Here comes the sun...



First of all, thank you for your thoughts & prayers! The weather has finally taken a turn for the better! We may get some thunderstorms tonight, but not bad. Looks like we can finally breathe easy again. The towns by the Susquehanna, Schuykill, & Delaware Rivers are the ones hardest hit. I think some of them got it worst this morning when the river crested. My prayers goes to those still affected.

Anyhoo, got my workouts done today. Ran/walked on the treadmill for 40 minutes first thing this morning. Most of it was running. My legs just wasn't feeling it this morning so performance was not as good as Tuesday's run. Then this afternoon, I went to the gym and did LBWO. For LBWO, I did BFL (hams, glutes, calves), hip adduction and abduction (3 sets of 12 each - 85 lbs), and walking lunges across 4X across the exercise room (2X with 10 lbs. dumbells & 2X with 12 lbs. dumbells). I then did 2 sets of knee-ups with the captain's chair. That's it for the workouts! I'm very pleased overall.

So as you can see, still going strong. Let's hope it lasts. ;)

I'm watching the Travel Channel right now. It's showing Drew Carey's show where he travels to Germany for the World Cup. I love to travel and I'm itching to go somewhere right now. I'm going to Las Vegas with my family in late September, so I have that to look forward to at least.

Gotta go and eat my last meal for the day! Vanilla whey protein powder in skim milk! Here's a tip for skim milk - get the organic ones! It tastes just like 2%, but with the same calories as the regular skim milk. It's probably healthier since it's organic. It's a little bit more pricey, but it's worth it. So much better than the sour tasting regular skim milk!

Later!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I watched the same show at the gym - cool. I never knew Drew was such a photography buff. He actually had some pretty cool action shots from the games.

Good tip on the skim milk. I recently tried some Fat Free Milk Plus (I think it was a Publix brand). It was much thicker than normal skim milk - almost like I was drinking dairy creamer...yuck.

Amy said...

glad to hear the weather is turning around for you. You are going strong keep up the great work!! Interesting tip on the milk.

Donna said...

Some days my legs "just aren't feeling it" either. Nice job none the less.

I buy Smartmilk, not sure who puts it out, but it's skim milk with the taste of low fat. Can you believe that my brother's family drinks Whole Milk! We were brought up on that, but that's probably the last time I ever had it. My kids don't even like whole milk.

Karla said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Looks like you're going strong on your challenge.

Glad to hear that the sun has decided to show it's face. I've been watching the weather on the West Coast and I'll continue to have everyone on the West Coast in my thoughts and prayers.

Have a great Weekend!