Thursday, June 15, 2006

Blogging Funk

Hey all! I'm in a blogging funk. Just nothing interesting going on with my life. Also, my motivation has deserted me. The last couple of weeks have been tough. I need to get back to a routine again and get serious.

I worked out today after taking a break from Sunday to yesterday. I was able to run on the treadmill this morning for about 30 minutes (20 minutes are HIIT). And yes, I ran on MY treadmill. A combination of television & iPOD did the trick of getting me distracted. And I was able to do 2 miles in less than 19 minutes so I still got it ;). After work, I ran outside for 2 miles. It wasn't bad when I got home but by the time I went outside, it got really muggy so I had to cut the run short. Tonight, I'm going to try to get an UBWO in.

The good news is that my eating has been clean. I think the lack of exercise has helped curb my appetite.

This weekend for the first time in weeks, I have absolutely NOTHING to do, which is awesome! I can use the time to go shopping and get some much needed clothes that fit, cook my meals for next week, and to plan, plan, plan.

One thing I need to do is to be more consistent with my cardio, and preferably do it first thing in the morning. I need to lose more body fat. I'm fairly lean but have no muscle definition. I want those cut arms! I'm also thinking of going back to the BFL weight lifting style in order to train my body to lift heavier. The supersets were great, but I find that I have to lift lighter in order to get all the reps in. I'm sure I'll go back to supersets again when I get bored with BFL.

That's it for today! Hope everybody's doing great!

8 comments:

Amy said...

WOW, we have the same ideas in mind. I am also needing to be more consistent with cardio. And am thinking about going back to BFL lifting style as well. My sister wedding is September 30. So definitely within reach and just around the corner. enjoy your weekend!

Donna said...

It's funny, I'm reading that a lot of people are in blogging funks, also lacking motivation too. Me included. I don't know what it is.

Greg said...

Sounds like you are doing ok! At least you haven't given up entirely. :) If you want to build lean muscle, you need to get your protein going. Are you getting enough protein? Anyhow, you run better than I do. Good luck with getting your plan back in action.

Mari said...

Our bodies are smart a change is just what it needs to get things transforming. Awesome run!!

Unknown said...

O.K, it doesn't really sound like you lost your motivation- you ate clean, and you are still kicking ass on the workout. Wow...for a second I thought I wasn't the only one still trying to find my mojo. WAY TO GO- enjoy your weekend. Dede

Erin said...

Man, I wish my funks and lack of motivation were as productive as yours, lol. It seems like you are doing pretty great... just hang in there. I'm FINALLY getting some of my mojo back after it has been absent for seemingly MONTHS. I'll be sending the vibes your way! ;)

Kimberly said...

I wish a lack of exercise would curb my appetite!

Glad to hear from you, even if you are in a funk.

Just a lonely girl said...

It seems like when others are motivated and giving it their all, I'm somewhere in a deep, dark place, but when I'm ready to kick the fat to the curb others slip into a funk. It happened last year with some of my friends when I first started BFL and now, in blog world, it's apparent that it's pretty wide-sweeping!

I do agree with Erin - I wish my funks were this productive!!

Go for those cut arms, girl!!