Monday, June 26, 2006

No end in sight...

Well, looks like this storm front is going to stay with us until the end of the weak. Driving home was quite an adventure. There were times were I feared my little Honda Civic was going to float away! But, I got home safely, thank God! My normal 20 minutes commute took me 45 minutes. I had to take the long way because there are places on my normal route where it becomes unpassable during torrential rains. I was praying all the way home that the cops around here were doing their jobs today and are actually blocking the unpassable roads. Looks like they were!

But it could be worse. A friend of mine from work, who lives 35 minutes south west from my house, had a horrible weekend. He lost power long enough for his basement to flood because his sump pump couldn't run. The good thing is that there were no water damage and all he has to do is to dry out his carpet. However, his skylight leaked and his gutters clogged up. He certainly wasn't a happy camper. My parents, who lives about an hour south east from me are fine. But there's a Walmart in their county where the cars in the parking lot floated away! That must have been scary!

The first thing I did when I got home was checked around the house. So far sump pump's running, basement seems to be dry, and the skylight in my family room is intact. So far so good!

------------------------------------------------

Fitness

The meals are going great! Last night, I cooked my meals for the week - EFL Golden Pancakes, EFL Sloppy Joes, Whole Wheat Couscous with Roasted Peas & Garlic (recipe from Muscles & Fitness Hers), and Roasted Salmon (recipe also from Muscles & Fitness Hers). I ate the Sloppy Joes for lunch and it was so good!

I also got my workout in first thing this morning. 35+ minutes on the treadmill, 20 minutes of which were HIIT. I got in 2 miles in under 19 minutes (can't remember exactly what time because the display switches between time elapsed and time/mile and I was running pretty hard at that point) and my level 10 was a 7.8 mph, which is pretty good for me!

Off to a good start this week. I hope it lasts, at least until Friday. After that, who knows! It's the weekend before 4th of July and my parents are coming over and my mom wants to go to the outlet store. I'm also off from work Monday & Tuesday, so anything can happen!

Uuuggghhh!!! It's thundering again! The rain just stopped, but looks like there's more to come!!! I'm so sick of this!

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

Your food sounds so good! I need to get myself that organized, so that I still have good options by the end of the week.

Sorry to hear you still have so much rain. It sounds horrendous.

havlow said...

holy crapola!! Hope you kept dry...we've been getting some of that here in the Carolinas here and there but nothing to extent that you have been seeing your neck of the woods. I may need to get a boat though because it's supposed to keep raining throughout the weekend!!

Erin said...

You are doing SO great... I swear I should stop by here every day until I can channel either you or my old self who was equally devoted to doing things right!
Sorry about all the rain... hope you are staying dry :)

Unknown said...

I really like the blog. Looks like you get some pretty good traffic on your site...ever thought about Adsense?

bethkk said...

Oo, oo, the outlet store, can I come?!!? I SOOO love outlet stores!

I'm with Cherie...if I could only get my food organized I'd do GREAT! LOL!

Melissa said...

UGH, I am so glad I'm not in the middle of all that rain! Hope it clears up someday soon!

That is so smart to cook all the meals ahead of time. I did that one week and it was SOOO nice to have the foods on hand. Need to do it again!