Sunday, June 25, 2006

Rumble, Rumble


This weekend was a complete wash, literally!!! Just thunderstorm on & off all friggin weekend! Flood warnings everywhere! It calmed down long enough last night for me to go out and get take-out. I guess the entire eastern seaboard, from Florida to New England is suffering from the same storm front.

Okay, this week has been awesome workout-wise. I am happy to say I worked out for 6 straight days, as planned! Yaaahooo!!! It's been a while and it feels great! Here's what I did, starting from Wednesday since I already blogged about Mon. & Tues.:

Wednesday:
AM: 30 minutes cardio on the eliptical (20 minutes of HIIT, 10 minutes moderate) + Abs
The only hitch with this is I didn't do it first thing in the morning, more like right before lunch time. I woke up late and couldn't make it to the gym early enough before work!

Thursday:
AM: 30+ minutes running (moderate steady-state) on the treadmill
PM: LBWO (BFL) + Hips Adductor & Abductor + Leg Exercise on the Smith Machine
My legs still feel sore from this leg workout!!!

Friday:
AM: 30+ minutes running (20 minutes of HIIT) on the treadmill + Abs

Saturday:
AM: 35+ minutes running on the treadmill
PM (LATE): UBWO (BFL)
UBWO not getting done was a close call. I almost didn't do it because it was late by the time I got to it, but I did it!

And on the seventh day, I rested. :)

I can't say that my motivation has fully come back. To tell you the truth, the workouts sometimes feel more like a chore rather than something I enjoy. But I'm slowly getting there. I'm trying not to do too much, hence no running outside for 5 miles yet. I'm trying not to get burned out too soon. I am happy with the running this week. That's 5 days this week of running! The treadmill is helping a lot, especially the knees. It's also helping me with the speed & developing my ability to run on an incline. Maybe when the weather improves, I can start running outside again.

That's it for the week! Now I'm off to food shop. The rain has stopped momentarily. Hope it stays that way for a while. I don't particularly enjoy hauling groceries outside while it's pouring out.

Hope everybody had a great weekend!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I still have that "chore" feeling too, most days. It's more of something I know I have to do rather than WANT to do. I do it b/c I know how I'll feel if I don't, and b/c I love the results. Way to go on the workouts this week, you're rockin! I didn't do as hot this past week but will be back at it tomorrow...GO US! :)

Donna said...

Rumble, rumble, that's what my tummy is doing right now.

Yes, we've gotten some rain up this way too, but most of it was south of us. I'm sick of it.

Yeah, that whole thing with my SIL just sucks. I still don't get it. I saw her yesterday and she was fine, and I didn't act differently either, but I'm still fuming about it. I won't make a fuss about it because it's not worth it.

bethkk said...

Wow! You are rocking the workouts, girl! Thanks for being my inspiration...the 2 miles in 20 minutes about killed me but I did it!