Monday, April 10, 2006

Workout log & "24"

I am going to TRY to keep this short since I am exhausted!!!!

Yesterday was super BUSY! Went to church in the morning for Palm Sunday, then food shopping. After that, cooking & preparing my meals for this week. I also got some cleaning done. I wanted to run since it was BEAUTIFUL, but housework took precedence. I did get some yoga done last night though, so it wasn't all a wash.

This morning was cardio HIIT & abs. Cardio today was on the treadmill. Did 5 minutes walking warm-up, followed by 20 minutes HIIT + 3 minutes MISS running, then 2 minutes walking cool-down. I tied my personal best of 2 miles in 19:45 for the 20 minutes HIIT!!!! I maxed out at 7.0 mph but felt I could have gone faster. Ab exercise today was 3 sets of Ab Bootcamp.

After work, I went out for a run. I planned to do 5 miles, but I ended up running total of ~4.2 miles, then had to walk home for ~0.2 miles because the inside arch of my right foot started getting blisters from rubbing against my socks. Bummer! I could have gone longer, but I was taken down by a blister...LOL! However, I was so happy with it overall. This time, I roughly timed myself and came up with 45 minutes for the total ~4.4 miles, including the walking break! So I must have been doing ~10-minutes mile, which was what I was targetting for. WOOHOOO!!!!

****************************************************

"24". Holy cow! They're about to take down the president! I was kind of disappointed though. I thought Jack Bauer was going to dig out the bullet from Evelyn, cure her, before going on his way :). I can't wait to see next week's episode. Maybe next week, he'll walk on water...

4 comments:

Donna said...

Excellent job on the running. Sorry about the blister. I hate it when I get them. I normally get them when I get new sneakers, but, I just got some new ones last week and they feel great. No blisters at all.

FV Tom said...

24 - we Tivo'd it last night and started watching ... didn't make it to the end, still have 20 minutes more to go. Jack is a god!

Kimberly said...

Yesterday I was jealous of your shopping and today I'm jealous of your running time personal bests. Full of envy here!

Melissa said...

Great job on the running, you're really improving! Blisters and all...LOL! I get the with new shoes too, try the band-aids for BLISTERS. They rock. :)