Saturday, April 08, 2006

Saturday Shower & Shopping Spree

It's around 11 pm and while waiting for the laundry to finish, I decided to blog.

First of all, Melissa & Donna, you guys motivated me to get my workout done today! I woke up this morning late, had some issues with the refrigerator, & just didn't get my workout done. Plus, it was chilly & pouring rain all day! However, I did go to the mall around lunch time spent the entire afternoon there (more about that later). Does mall walking count as a workout? Anyways, got home, ate dinner, talked to my mom on the phone, did some stuff around the house, & surfed the blogs. Reading your blogs & your runs today just pumped me up. So there I was in my basement at 9:30 pm doing my UBWO while doing laundry & watching "Trading Spaces"...LOL! Anyways, just wanted to say THANK YOU!

Tomorrow is supposed to be nicer. If I wake up early enough, I might go for an easy run. I have to go to church though since it's Palm Sunday.

*************************************************

My bank account definitely got a good workout today...LOL! As I mentioned before, I went shopping. Majorly! I went to Sephora's and bought the Bare Escentual's starter kit & an eye shadow set. I've always wanted to try out Bare Escentual's since people I know rave about it. I had one of the girls working there try it out on me and OMG! It is awesome! It's very light & looks very natural. I also had her teach me how to get fancy with eye makeup so I ended up buying an eyeshadow set. Total spent - $90.

I then went to Ann Taylor and bought a cute top & beige sandals - $100. Both of them were on sale so I was fairly pleased with the purchase.

Then off to Victoria's Secret - $25.

Finally, I went to Sears and bought a new refrigerator - $950. It's one of those 2 doors side-by-side with the water/ice machine. My current one is basic one (freezer on top, refrigerator on the bottom) with no ice maker. The refrigerator came with the house and unfortunately for me, the 2 previous owners of my house never bothered to put in a water line to the refrigerator, so I have to get this done separately. Since I want to replace my kitchen faucet & install a garbage disposal anyways, I figured I should just hire a plumber separately & get a better deal.

All I can say is, thank God for bonuses & tax refund!

Oh, and I almost bought another pair of jeans! I went to Nordstrom and for fun, decided to try one of their jeans. You know, the ones that cost $150-$200! OMG! I think I'm in love! These jeans are so awesome!!!! The brands I tried on are Citizens for Humanity, AG, & something else I forgot. All I know is that they're super expensive by my standards of jeans. Keep in mind, I usually get my jeans from Gap & Limited. Anyways, these expensive jeans make your legs look long & lean, & they somehow lift your butt. The butt part is really important to me since I don't have one...LOL! Ever since BFL, not only did my boobs disappear, but my butt as well! Anyways, these jeans give you a butt! Also, they are soooo comfortable! I contemplated getting them for a long time in the dressing room, but finally decided to hold off on it. Maybe next paycheck. The jeans are all regular length so they're pretty long for me, but Nordstrom apparently hems them for you for free. I figured for that price, they better!!!

*********************************************

This morning, I looked outside and saw a bunch of people running in the pouring rain. I then remembered that there's a 5K run/walk event occuring by the high school near me. I said to myself, "Next year, I want to be one of them." So that's my next goal - run a 5K event! I'll have to find 5K run/walk around here & convince my friend to go with me.

2 comments:

Donna said...

I'm so glad I helped to motivate you to workout today. Give yourself some credit too, you're the one that had to do it, and at 9:30 pm to boot!

Your shopping spree sounds aweseome. A friend of mine just recently tried the Bare Escentual's stuff too. I just might have to check it out next time I run across a Sephora. All your purchases sound great. Too bad about the refrigerator though, I hate having to spend money on things like that. Ours went last summer, very suddenly, and we had to go out and buy one. We ended up with the $1,900 one, ouch! I stopped a new little boutique that an acquaintence of mine just opened last week. All there stuff is from New York and Paris, really cute jeans and stuff, I ended up spending $524.00 just there. So, that was my shopping spree for the weekend. I need to go to a big mall though to get the rest of my summer shopping though.

Last year my goal was to run a road race and I finally did in November. It was 5 miles and it was the 25th Anniversary of our local Turkey Trot, it was great fun. I'm going to try and do a few this year too. Now if I could just get my butt outside. Right now it's only 30 out, brrrrrr. It's only 7:00 am though, supposed to warm up to about 55 today, but who knows when that will happen.

Have a great Sunday.

Donna

Melissa said...

YAY! I am SO happy that I was able to help motivate you! But like Donna said, YOU were the one that did it, and at 9:30pm!! I would've said "screw it" by then! GREAT JOB! :)
I am so envious of you girls and the shopping. I've looked at some of those jeans and about fainted at paying that much. I didn't even try them on for fear of falling in love. LOL
I've always wanted to try the Bare Minerals stuff, and have heard really great things about it, but just never have. I went into a Sephora in NYC and OMG I wanted to SPEND SPEND SPEND. Just loved that place. Money was a bit more tight then so I only bought a lip gloss and some eye shadow...I think it was about $30. But I wanted to spend more like $300.
You'll meet your 5k goal, we're all going to be running races before you know it. Then we'll just have to get together for one. :)