Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Taking a break

I am not feeling well today. Not necessarily sick, but I have absolutely no energy to do any strenuous activities. I was fine last night, but woke up this morning feeling crappy! I think it's a combination of too much workout and not getting enough sleep. So today, I'm taking a break from working out, except maybe do a little bit of yoga, and to try to get to bed early. I really have no trouble falling asleep. In fact, I can fall asleep at the drop of a hat. However, after getting ready for bed, I end up doing other stuff and before you know it, it's late. So tonight, I'm going to force myself to go to sleep early. I took some Tylenol which I hope will help also.

On the workout front, yesterday's was awesome. I did my UBWO supersets in the morning, then ran outside for approximately 4.5 miles after work. UBWO was great and my arms are still sore today. The running though was a bit of a struggle. My legs just felt off throughout my run. Today, my shins are a little bit sore. Hopefully, I'll be back to form tomorrow and back to working out.

One definite change I'm doing with my routine is to do 2 UBWO and only 1 LBWO a week. Originally I was just going to follow the the BFL UBWO/LBWO schedule. However, I figured that with all the extra running, my legs are getting enough workout. I have to figure out how to better schedule my running though. Since I'm technically just beginning to seriously run outside, it might be a good idea to alternate my running days instead of doing it on consecutive days. I love running though so I'll have to play it by ear.

Anybody watch American Idol? I thought Chris, Paris, Taylor, & Katherine did very well. Kelly was doing okay, then screwed up totally for the last half of the song. Ace still has to go! Doesn't matter that he pulled his hair back! I was more impressed with Rod Stewart. He's ancient and yet he's getting married to a young good looking wife. His baby is adorable!

Gas price increased again. Monday, regular was $2.75. Yesterday, it went up to $2.81. It's holding at $2.81 today but who knows how long that will last.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I was glad to see Ace go tonight, I'm getting tired of Taylor though so I hope he leaves soon. Gas prices...WTF?? My word, looks like I'm staying home a lot this summer! LOL

I hope your legs feel better soon! Sounds like you have the right idea, your body probably needed the rest. I always alternate my days of running outdoors, except Fri & Sat. So, I run Mon, Wed, Fri, & Sat outdoors and it seems to be working well for me. Hope you feel better tomorrow!! :)

Julie said...

Hope you're feeling better today! Funny enough, before I read your post I just posted about the American Idol results last night. Looks like we're on the same page about this week's performances.

I've also been doing like you and sticking with only one LBWO per week. I try to get 2 UBWOs in but sometimes only manage one. I figure the running definitely counts as LBWO. Plus, I want to tone down in the legs, not bulk up so I figure one LBWO is more than enough.

Donna said...

I hope you're feeling better today. I'm not feeling well either but I'll post about that on my blog.

I've started with my new trainer now and my leg workout is a lot less taxing than my previous one. I don't want to bulk up on my legs so I'm hoping with this change that I'll notice a difference.

I'm so glad that Ace is gone, but I was shocked that Chris was in the bottom 2.

FV Tom said...

Hope you're doing better.

Gas is the same out here except one of our cars needs premium: $3.11

Yikes.

Kimberly said...

Are you in the Philly area? I hated driving when we lived there.

So glad Ace is gone! Hope you are feeling better soon.

Rachel said...

Hope your energy came back after a good night's sleep. Good for you and your running. I'm impressed and jealous. How long is the 4.5 miles taking you to run?

Gas prices are freaking me out. $3.19 for the cheap stuff. EEEEEECK!