Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Damn Blister!!!!

Did LBWO - superset this morning. I upped the weights this time to feel the burn. I'm really happy with this new weight-lifting routine. I'm definitely getting the hang of this supersetting thing.

The weather is beautiful today. Around 70F with a nice breeze. Perfect to be outside. Definitely not to pass up for running. So off I went this afternoon afternoon. It started out rough. My legs just felt like lead, probably due this morning's LBWO. However, once I got going it wasn't too bad. Unfortunately, the damn blister from yesterday started acting up again! I already have band-aid on and I made sure I wore socks specifically for running today. Towards the end, it hurt like a (beep beep beep)!!!!! I logged in about 3.7 miles so not too bad. I think I'll have to go to CVS or something and see if Dr. Scholl's have some heavy duty blister guards. I hope it's not the shoes. I've only had these shoes for 2 weeks and it hasn't given me any problems until yesterday. I really don't want to stop running because of a damn blister!

************************************************

I'm currently watching American Idol. I think Chris Daughtry rocked! I do agree with Simon, I wish he chose a song that's more popular.

I have to admit, Bucky wasn't too bad today. I just can't stand to look at him!

Ace sucked!

Taylor drunk? I think Paula is, but not Taylor. I thought he was pretty good!

That's all folks!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Keep us updated on how the new lifting routine works for you, sounds like you're doing well with it. Good job on the run despite the blister. Dr. Scholl's does make some things for blisters, but the band aid blister covers worked best for me. Good luck!

Donna said...

I hate it when I get a blister. Last year when I got some new sneakers I got a blister the size of Texas for Christ's sake, it was unbelievable. It took forever for it to go away. My trainer puts vaseline on her feet when she runs and swears by it. I just got some new sneakers and bought them a little bigger than I would normally buy and they have been great. I normally wear a 7 1/2 and I bought an 8. They felt great right out of the box, I didn't even have to "break" them in.

I watched AI last night. I agree with you, I didn't think that Bucky did that bad last night, but he's never going to make it. I wasn't too keen on Taylor last night either, but he probably won't go home just yet.

chantal2bfit said...

Thanks for the advice on the blister! I'm stopping by either Walmart or CVS after work to get some vaseline & blister covers.

KatieFeldmom said...

I think Ace is the one leaving tonight.
Hope the blister goes away soon.