Friday, April 14, 2006

Good Friday

Hey all! I'm at my parents house right now. I got here last night (they're only an hour away from me) and today I'm working from home - one of my job's lovely perks :)

My mom's not too happy with me...it's Good Friday and I didn't go to church. How was I supposed to know it's required? Our company doesn't have it as a holiday, so I'm usually at work on Good Fridays. Oh well. It's not like a don't go to church every Sunday like a good Catholic.

Picture - I am working on getting an actual picture of me posted here. I don't take good pictures so I'll have to dig really deep to find a halfway decent picture. The picture I have on the profile is Jessica Simpson from a scene in "Dukes of Hazzard". I don't know why I put her up. I don't even like her songs. I do admire how she got into shape for her movie.

I got my workout done today though! I went to the gym near here, an all women's gym, and did my cardio HIIT & abs. But boy, what a hassle it was! I had it all planned out, I was going there to do my HIIT on the eliptical, then 10 minutes of the stair stepper, then abs. When I got there, one of the eliptical was taken by this middle-aged lady with a mullet & the other one was out of service. There were only 2 elipticals in that gym! I hopped on this Body Trec & I just couldn't get a handle on the pedals. I was on the lowest setting and I can barely move them! My legs were getting a great workout but my heart rate wasn't going up. So after 2 minutes of putzing around with it, I decided to do the bikes instead. I went through all their bikes but couldn't figure out how to turn them on. Besides that, the control panels were all torn up. I must have looked like an idiot going around the different cardio machines! Finally, I just had it and went on the treadmill to do my 20 minutes HIIT then 10 minutes walking on an incline. Ab workout was on the incline bench & captain's chair.

The entire time I was there, mullet-hair lady was just annoying me! While I was on the Body Trec, I saw her from the corner of my eye get off the eliptical and just stood next to it and watched tv. I was waiting for her to move off so I can use it, but she just stood there, then hopped back on. Then, when she got off, her daughter got on it. So basically, they monopolized the only functioning eliptical to themselves. When I left the gym, the daughter was still on it.

The gym today was just full of oddballs. There was a girl that was walking on the treadmill at like 2 mph while reading a magazine. She looks like she exerted more energy reading than working out! Then there was a fairly young lady that would walk on the treadmill SLOW, then would get off every 5 minutes to stretch. Then there was the mullet-hair lady. She was on the eliptical pedaling lightly while watching television, then left the eliptical so her daughter can hop on, weight-lifted using using 3-lbs dumbells, then went on the treadmill & walked SLOW. Then there I was, all sweaty, red-faced, and just about ready to pass out! It was very entertaining, actually.

No outside running today, unfortunately. It has been overcast and drizzling on and off all day. I was looking forward to it too since there's a nice park close by with about .5 mile trail around it. It would have been a nice leasurely run. But since I ran on the treadmill this morning, I'm not too upset about it.

Eating has been crap. Yesterday at work, we went to this talk and they had food there. I had pepperoni pizza, ceasar salad, & brownies. Yummm. Since I've been with my parents, I've been eating more crap. They just don't have anything BFL-friendly. To top it all off, my mom bought some egg custards. You get these in Chinese bakeries and they are so yummy but not good for you. I'm trying my best to limit my portions, at least. I'm afraid that if I don't control my eating, I won't be able to fit into my Easter outfit. LOL! On one hand I'm happy to be here for the Easter weekend, but on the other hand I just want to get through this weekend and get back to my routine!

4 comments:

Donna said...

It's funny, more and more, I'm reading how everyone is doing poorly with their eating. It makes me feel better because I am too, but what's with us. Is it the Easter holiday or what. I'm going to try and be as good as possible tomorrow because I'm sure I won't be on Sunday. And, then Monday's not looking good either.

Isn't it funny watching people at the gym. That girl that is Anorexic and does cardio for like 4 hours a day will get on a treadmill and run at like 9 mph for 20-30 seconds and then straddle the thing and look like she's going to have a heart attack and then get back on again. It's very odd.

Melissa said...

I once watched a girl stand ON the treadmill to watch the movie on the tv. WTH?!! No joke. She just stood there, for at least 15min. Ummmm, hello??? GO HOME IF YOU WANT TO WATCH TV! Why do some people even go to the gym? Just doesn't make since. I'm cracking up thinking of the mullet woman. Mostly b/c I think mullets are freakin hilarious...LOL.

I've been thinking about you ladies all day. I've wanted to cheat so badly. Ice cream, chocolate, and brownies were calling my name. I didn't give in yet I feel like crap. I've been on the go the past 2 days so my food intake has consisted of bars and shakes. I'm missing the real stuff and surprisingly I feel more bloated going to bed after just eating this?? Wierd. I keep wanting to take a free weekend. Please stop me before I go on an all-out binge....

Enough about me, this is your post for cripes sake...mercy, sorry! Have a great Easter girl! I'm ready for things to start fresh on Monday too! :)

Melissa said...

doesn't make SENSE, good grief I must be more tired than I thought.

Julie said...

I always thought your profile pic was a scene from the movie Coyote Ugly since they do some dancing on the bar! Machine hogs are the worst, aren't they? Or worse yet at the gym I go to, you have to sign up in advance for the machines and it's happened to me on at least two occasions that I show up on time for my booking and someone has just started on the machine. So, I politely point out that I have the machine booked and I get a dirty look like I've totally offended them. But, hey at least they got off!