Friday, April 28, 2006

Exam Day

I just got done with my exam. I think I did at least okay. It's kind of hard to tell because the questions were subjective. I hope at I got at least a C so I don't have to reimburse my company for the tuition. My company covers continuing education 100%, as long as you get a pass or at least a C. Keeping my fingers crossed!

This weekend, I'll be working on my paper & presentation. Once that's done, that's it until the next class which will be in the Fall. I can't wait for this semester to be over.

On to fitness...

5.5 miles run today!!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!! I was so excited! I had to make 2 quick stops though to stretch because my right hip started bothering me, which is something new. Once I got done my run, my hip felt fine. I made sure to stretch thoroughly just in case.

After my run, I rested for 30 minutes, ate dinner, rested for an hour, did UBWO, then finally a much needed shower (LOL!).

I kind of switched my workout around around. I was supposed to do LBWO yesterday but was not able to. Today, I was supposed to do HIIT and then tomorrow is supposed to be UBWO. However, because I missed yesterday, I decided to just run today because it was so beautiful outside. LBWO will be tomorrow morning (hopefully), then shopping, then maybe a shorter run in the afternoon.

I have to admit though that I'm a very slow runner, but I'm okay with it. Coming from not being able to run for more than 2 minutes a year ago, this is indeed a tremendous progress. Since I'm fairly new with this, I decided to focus on distance/endurance rather than speed for now. Between the HIIT work on the treadmill and once I get more comfortable/stronger with running outside, I think speed work will come easier in the future. Is this a good idea?

That's it for today! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Wolfie said...

Glad you got through your exam! And WOW on your run today! 5.5 miles? Damn, I could only hope! I'm not a fast runner either. I have to work up to it, but I'm thinking that if you have the endurance to run 5.5miles, you probably have more in you than you thought! I think maybe you're a little intimidated with the high intensity running. So try this...try running at your comfortable pace for 15 minutes, then the last 5 minutes, give it everything you've got! Remember, you don't have to stay at your 10 level for very long...and your entire run should be building up to it. If you can run for more than 5 miles, I KNOW you can do this! Wow. 5.5 miles, I'm still trying to get over that!

Donna said...

I'm glad your exam is done, must be a load off your shoulders. Great job on the run. I'm not a fast runner either. I think it'll come with time though. On the treadmill lately I've been more or less working at running uphill and then last night, I did some inverval training. Hey, I worked my butt of, that's all that counts right.