Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Size 2 Jeans and Car Trouble

Could it be?

So I put on my jeans this morning as I was getting ready for work, and wouldn't you know, it's practically falling off of me. These jeans are size 4 Drew jeans by Limited, and it's straight, bootcut. I don't know if the jeans just got stretched or what, but it's definitely loose. I can actually put my arm through it while wearing it. So I'm thinking for this weekend, I might make a trip to the mall and try out size 2 jeans. Not necessarily to buy, but just to check. I'm funny with jeans size. For regular pants, I'm a size 2, but for jeans, I can put on and zip into most size 2's but I feel like a sausage with all the fat being squeezed out, hence, I've been buying size 4 jeans. But if I can my lazy butt to the mall this weekend, I would be able to find out if this is still the case.

After this morning's revelation with jeans, I was pumped at the gym.

Workout

CARDIO: 20 minutes HIIT + 10 minutes MISS (moderate intensity steady-state) backwards on the elliptical - ~405 calories burned.
STRETCHING
ABS: ball crunches with dumbells (BFL style), leg raise, knee raise, side crunches on the ball, pilates back exercises

Meals

Coffee
M1: BFL RTD shake
M2: Turkey & mushroom meatloaf, lima beans, sauteed yellow zucchini & butternut squash (I know, too much carb. I ended up eating in the cafeteria w/ a friend & this was the only good thing they had!)
M3: apple, string cheese
M4: BFL RTD shake
M5: EFL Hot Stuff Chili

Meals are not perfect, but better than the past 2 days.

Car Trouble

After work today, I decided to stop by the gas station to fill up my car. After filling, I started the car, and NOTHING. My radio turned on, but the engine wouldn't start. So the first thought in my mind was "Oh S**T! I need a new car!" My car has TONS of mileage already. Granted, it's a Honda and it has never given me any problems before, but I thought my luck has ran out at that point. So I called AAA to get my car towed.

Meanwhile, while waiting I started worrying how I'm going to pay for a new car. But for some reason, I was calm about it. And I could have sworn I felt God telling me "Don't worry. Everything is going to be alright." Wierd, huh?

So I started thinking coming up with all these possible plans of how I would be able to manage.

I could sell some of my stocks so I have money to put as down payment. I think I have some money in my savings account that I can use. I could get a home equity loan. I need to start shopping around for the best interest rates. I guess the planned new refrigerator purchase and new kitchen floors will just have to be delayed. ETC.....

In the middle of this whole mind dialogue, I managed to get meal 4 in :).

Anyways, 45 minutes after calling AAA, the tow truck came. The guy had me pop the hood open, he attached some kind of jumper, and had me start the car. He said "We'll have your car started in no time". Of course, I didn't believe him. Anyways, the car started!!! I guess God and the tow truck guy were right!

I was so happy! The tow truck guy told me all I had to do was go to my mechanic and have the car starter cleaned out as it has a lot of corossion. He also said that in the meantime, I can pour a can of Pepsi on it and it will eat some of the corrosion. How crazy is that?

So the good news is that I don't need a new car in the near future yet (fingers crossed!!!). I know, it's wierd. Most people would LOVE to get a new car. Not me though. If I have money to spare that I could buy one at full payment, then definitely. Unfortunately, I haven't found my future millionaire husband yet ;). First, I hate dealing with car salespeople. Based on my limited experience, I'm always under the impression that they're trying to pull a fast one on me. Second, I hate any kind of loans (except for mortgage). I'm the type of person that pays of her credit cards in full each month. So absolutely no loans if I can help it!

The bad news is NO MORE SODA. What the heck is in those? If it can do that to corrosion, imagine what it can do to your digestive system!. Come to think of it, who needs Colonix? Maybe drinking soda will be enough to disintegrate those colon plaque.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Congratulations on those loose fitting 4's. I'm sure they didn't get stretched - all your hard work is paying off.

I had to laugh when you said you felt like a sausage when you put on size 2's... FINALLY someone else uses the same terminology that I use! I know that sausage feeling far too well, but hopefully it's a thing of the past.

Keep up the good work. Oh, and thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I'm going to have to add you to my blog list. So many new and exciting developments in blogland since I've been gone...

Have a wonderful day,
Rachel

Mari said...

Wow size two good for you. Glad they got your car started. I hate the new car thig too. That pepsi tip they gave sure does make you think. Keep up the workouts.

Christie said...

Girl, I am with you, that pepsi thing freaks me out...lol...that is awesome on the loose 4's, way to go...isn't it funny how we can be stressed, then suddenly, God pokes his head in and says, "hey, I'm in charge here, not you, it's all good."
Hugs
Christie