Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The Lazy Bug

My long President's Day weekend turned out to be 3 whole days of no workout. Both Saturday & Monday (Sunday was free day), I just couldn't bring myself to go to the gym, even the one that resides in my basement.

Oh well! Time to get over it and move on....

Workout yesterday consisted of 20 minutes HIIT + 10 minutes MISS on the elliptical, stretching, & abs (ball & dumbells).

Workout today consisted of 20 minutes HIIT on the recumbent bike, 10 minutes MISS on the arc trainer, stretching, and abs (knee ups). If I'm up to it, I might do LBWO tonight in my basement.

I'm just not into working out this week. Don't know what's up with me. I think it has something to do with the fact that I haven't been running this week to give my knees a break. My left knee is still feeling funky from shoveling tons of snow 2 weekends ago. I miss running and feeling that runner's high. I can't wait till this weekend so that I can plan & re-focus for next week.

The good news is my eating has been pretty good for the most part and my water intake has been spectacular, judging by the amount of time I spend in the bathroom (LOL).

My friend from work said the nicest thing to me today. She was walking behind me this morning and didn't realize it was me. She noticed me and thought that I looked skinny, particularly my legs (my big problem area!). She couldn't believe it was me! Of course, it could have something to do with the jeans I was wearing, but I was so happy to hear that regardless! I'm overly critical of myself so I notice it. But I guess my workout is finally paying off in terms of losing fat in the legs. I still have ways to go, but any progress is good news.

Gotta run and get that LBWO done!

2 comments:

KatieFeldmom said...

Congrats on the compliment!
All your hard work is paying off.

Unknown said...

Hey girl...super compliment from your friend. I know it wasn't the jeans- you've been kicking some ass, so no doubt your "problem" area is going away!! Great job..keep it up. Dede

-Thanks so much for the comments on my blog when my Dad passed. You made things a little easier for me. :)