Thursday, February 02, 2006

Idiot at the Gym...

...This time it was me.

I left my gloves at home so throughout my UBWO, I was holding a pair of hand towels. I needed them because I'm starting to develop some caluses which are sometimes painful when pinched. I must have looked funny (LOL!). Thank goodness the gym wasn't packed this morning, so for the most part, it was just me and one other person in the weight lifting area. For some reason today, everybody congregated to the treadmills.

Today's workout went really well. UBWO went like this:

Lat Pulldown Machine (wide grip)
12x50lbs
10x55lbs
8x60lbs
6x80lbs
12x60lbs

Lat Pulldown Machine (close grip)
12x60lbs

Chest Press Machine (wide grip)
12x35lbs
10x40lbs
8x45lbs
6x55lbs
12x40lbs

Chest Press Machine (close grip)
12x35lbs

Tricep Pull-down w/ V-bar
12x40lbs
10x45lbs
8x50lbs
6x60lbs
12x50lbs

Bench Dip
12 very slow reps

Angled Dumbell Bicep Curl (very slow)
12x5lbs
10x8lbs
8x10lbs
6x12lbs
12x10lbs

Hammer Curl w/ dumbells (very slow)
12x10lbs

Shoulder press w/ dumbells
12x8lbs
10x10lbs
8x12lbs
6x15lbs
12x10lbs

Lateral Raise w/ dumbells
12x10lbs

It's weak compared to what other's can do, but it's good enough to hit my 10's.

UBWO was followed by stretching, then running on the treadmill for 27 minutes:

00:00-03:00 - 3.8 mph walking warm-up
03:00-05:00 - 5.0 mph running
05:00-15:00 - 5.5-5.7 mph running
15:00-25:00 - 6.0-6.1 mph running
25:00-27:00 - 3.8 mph walking cool-down
TOTAL MILES = ~2.4 miles

I wanted to run a full 3 miles, but I ran out of time :(

Meals are getting better:

Coffee
M1: BFL RTD shake
M2: Grilled Chicken Ceasar Salad on a pita bread w/ dressing on the side
Coffee
M3: apple, string cheese
M4: EFL Hot Stuff Chilli
M5: EFL vanilla mouse (plan - unless I fall asleep)

Tomorrow is cardio - hopefully, spinning if I wake up early enough. If not, then it's the stinky stationary bike :(

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to improve with the hand-towels...though that picture makes me laugh!! I'm happy that you continued on and didn't quit!! WAY TO STAY STRONG....and awesome job you are doing!

KatieFeldmom said...

WOW! Great workout! I'm sore and tired just from reading it. I think I will try wide-grip lat pulldowns next week.

Mari said...

Sounds like a great workout. Love the towel image he he.
Keep it up,
Mari

Rachel said...

I was the gym idiot this morning, but much worse than you… I was running on the treadmill and had my iPod resting on the thin “shelf” rather than in one of the water bottle “pockets” and I guess I swung my arms too hard and jerked the iPod off, it went flying (making a lot of noise) and it got me tweaked so instead of stopping the treadmill and slowly and casually stepping off and picking up my iPod, I panicked and didn’t bother stopping or pausing (it was set a 6.5 mph) and very ungraciously and with much noise somehow jumped off… I picked up the iPod and then stopped the treadmill. What a dork. A bumbling idiot. Oh well, I wasn’t going to let my embarrassment get the best of me so I got back on and finished a great cardio session. =0