Friday, February 03, 2006

Nothing much today

This morning was a bust. I just couldn't get out of bed early enough. But, I did make it to the gym after lunch:

CARDIO: 20 minutes HIIT + 10 minutes MISS on the recumbent bike
STRETCHING
ABS: regular crunches, exercises using 2kg medicine ball, pilates based exercises for abs, knee-ups, back extensios with 5lbs plates

In addition, when I got home, I did some beginner's yoga following some video program. So other than not making it in the morning, workout was still great.

I just have to say, the stationary bikes (both the recumbents and the uprights) at the gym suck big time. I don't know what it is, but no matter how much I pedal, how hard I work, & how much I felt like I was going to die, the carlorie readers still read low. And the seats are so uncomfortable. I really miss spinning.

Meals are so-so. I'm not even listing it here since there were some cheating involved. Someone from work put some left-over food from a meeting in the kitchen. So I indulged in some carrot cake, walnuts, & cheese. Surprisingly, I don't feel too guilty about it - that carrot cake was really good. Can I count that as vegetables? (LOL!)

I just realized that week 5 of this challenge is winding down and next week will be week 6! How fast time goes! We're almost half-way done with the challenge! YAY!

Idiot at the gym

And boy, this was a REAL idiot. I don't know what is up with me. Either I'm super observant & sensitive, or I'm just lucky enough to run into odd characters at the gym. Anyways, there was a guy at the gym today doing his workout in his work clothes - button-down long sleeves shirt & khakis. I was kind of annoyed coz he had his jacket hanging on the back extension machine, which I wanted to use, while he was doing weights - heavy weights, mind you. I was polite and kindly asked him to remove his jacket. Thankfully, he was okay with it. But it just struck me as odd. He's either clueless or he's just not capable of sweating. Like I said, he was lifting heavy & it was unusually hot today (63F in February - totally unheard of!). Oh well! To each his own!

2 comments:

Christie said...

People crack me up...I can't believe that he would work out in his "work" clothes...sigh...and ummm, I'm not listing my eating either...lol...of course if I wanna start lookin hot like you girl, I better be able to list my eating.

Mommy and Addie said...

Congrats on being so close to half way there!! Keep up the great work.
I eat basically the same thing every day- it's easier with the baby. So I'm just listing once a week, if it even changes from week to week. I'm BORING.