Thursday, February 09, 2006

Saturday workout & stomach pains

Well, I haven't worked out since Saturday. Workout went like this:

LWBO: quad, hams, calves - BFL style; hip adductor 3X12; hip abductor machine 3X12
CARDIO: 30 minutes brisk walking on an incline (treadmill)
STRETCHING

Workout was great and went downhill from there.

Saturday night, I experienced intense abdominal pain w/ nausea, cold sweats, feverish, etc. It calmed down a bit later on, but there were still a lot of pain. I thought that it was just a bad case of stomach flu, but Sunday comes and then Monday, and the pain was still there. It literally hurt to even just walk. I was at my parents house and didn't get home until Monday, so the earliest appointment I could get with my PCP was Tuesday afternoon.

My doctor examined me and thinks its gall stones. She recommended that I get an ultrasound as soon as possible. Unfortunately, by the time I left the doctor's office, the ultrasound place was closed. Anyways, that night the pain intensified and I had to go to the emergency room. The ER doctor also think it's gall stones, and maybe esophageal inflammation, and treated me for the symptoms, but reiterated my need to get an ultrasound.

So tomorrow is my ultrasound. I am praying that it's nothing serious.

Needless to say, this BFL challenge is a wash for me. Although I feel better now, I'm afraid to do anything strenuous in case it flares up again. The good thing is since my stomach is pretty sensitive, I haven't really been eating much. Unfortunately, I haven't been eating BFL and most of the food I'm eating is carb heavy, just because it's all I can handle right now.

I'm kind of pissed that I can't work out right now. I am pissed that all the progress I have made, especially with running, are going to waste. I am pissed that inspite of a healthy lifestyle, I still have to go through this. But I do know that things happen and that I have to get this medical issue resolved first. Hopefully, I will be back with BFL soon.

4 comments:

KatieFeldmom said...

Oh man! You poor thing!
I hope it's nothing serious!

Rachel said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Mommy and Addie said...

I hope you're feeling better soon!

chantal2bfit said...

Thank you all for your well wishes! I just had my ultrasound yesterday, but I won't find out anything for 3-5 working days yet. I'm praying that it's nothing serious also.