Monday, December 04, 2006

Blogging again

Surprise! Another post from me, and so soon! Anyways, I decided to start blogging more regularly again. I need to be extra vigilant right now with my workouts since I can't run so that the weight doesn't creep up. Posting my workouts will hopefully keep me accountable.

So here goes:

Yesterday (Sunday)
  • 2 miles walk at the park by my parents house. My dad wanted to go for a walk so I went to keep him company.

Today

  • Moderate walking on the treadmill for 30 minutes (first thing in the morning on an empty stomach)
  • Abs (3 sets of planks: 30 sec, 45 sec, 1 minute)
  • Leg strengthening exercises

My knee feels so much better. But I'm being smart this time and giving it time to heal. When I do start running again, I will have to force myself to start easy.

I found some great websites that have exercises on how to strengthen the leg muscles to help avoid runner's knee. I'll be sure to incorporate these exercises into my workouts:

http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/guides/knee/xpatello.gif

http://www.drpribut.com/sports/spknees.html

The latest Runner's World magazine edition also has an article on injury prevention with exercise recommendations. I ripped the page off and posted it on my magnetic board in my basement where I work out.

That's it for now!

4 comments:

Erin said...

good to see you back and blogging again... I've been wanting to get back to posting more often too... it really does help with the accountability! I hope you have a quick and total recovery from your injury!

Melissa said...

I'll have to check out those websites, thanks for posting them! Good job with your workouts ;)

BTW- I'm happy that some of us are getting back to blogging, I've missed everyone.

Pamela said...

Just back from holiday.. nice to see you bloggin :D Hope the knees are feeling better soon hon!

Donna said...

I'm with everyone else, nice to see a new post, and so soon. Take care of that knee, sounds like you intend to. You'll be good as new soon enough.