Thursday, July 20, 2006

Hakuna Matata...

It means no worries for the rest of your day
It's our problem-free philosophy
Hakuna Matata

As I mentioned in my last post, I saw The Lion King last Tuesday night! What an awesome musical! Other than the death scene where Mufasa died, it's totally kid friendly. So if you have a chance to see it, go! I'm lucky that the tour group is in Philly right now. I wanted to see it in New York but I heard it's been sold out for months. Plus, Philly is just much more convenient for me.

Unfortunately, my problem-free philosophy is extending to my diet and exercise program in a bad way. Last week, I was right on with all my workouts. This week, I only worked out last Tuesday (40 minutes MISS on the eliptical & abs). Talk about a contrast! Whenever I stay at my parents house for the weekend, my routine totally goes out of whack! I need the time to focus and plan, which is hard to do when I'm there. Plus for me, I need to start the week on a good note, otherwise it's like a domino effect for the rest of the week and I just totally sabotage myself! I need to get it together!

One good news, my mom is doing better. She's still sick, but a lot better than Monday. The ER was retarded though. They diagnosed her to have bronchitis, but they only gave her a note excusing her from work for one day. Anybody who's had bronchitits knows it takes at least a week to get over it! Since she already went beyond the date on the excuse note, she went back to work today, only to go back home around lunch time. I'm praying she wise up and take it easy for now, otherwise it could develop into pneumonia!

-----------------------------------------

Not to get political or anything, but I'm rivited by what's happening in the Middle-East right now. Well, that and this whole Christie Brinkley infidelity deal ;). Anyways, I haven't tuned into the news this much since the 2004 Presidential Election! I know, I need a life!

3 comments:

FV Tom said...

Yup, I'm with T. I'm singing over here. We saw Lion King in Los Angeles a few years ago. It was great.

Good to hear your Mom is better. Stupid ER idiots!

Kimberly said...

I really want to see the Lion King, too, but we've never been able to get tickets. I'll have to look into other places, if it's on the road now.

Glad to hear your Mom is better, but sorry to hear she had to go back to work sick. That's terrible.

Amy said...

glad to hear your mom is doing better. Lion King.. how fun. Yes, Now I have the song in my head. I love that song.