Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Busy Weekend

Hello all! I've been so busy I haven't had time to post in the last few days. Where do I start? Thursday night, I went out for dinner & went to see Pirates of the Caribbean. For those of you who haven't seen it, I highly recommend that you do. Plus, there's Johnny Depp. Need I say more? The movie ended with a cliff hanger so I guess Pirates 3 is in the works.

Friday night, I ended up going to my parents house, which was unplanned. I just finished writing a comment on Jess's blog and feeling bummed that I will be missing the Bon Jovi concert when my friend emailed me and said that there are still tickets available and if I was still interested in going. Hell ya! The only thing is that he asked if he can meet me at my parents house since it's like 15 minutes away from the sports complex and he will be in the area the following day. So I quickly packed up and left work early, got home, packed a few clothes, and drove to my parents house in the rush hour/shore traffic. Tt turned out that my parents were going to a party that night for one of our friends so I went. That was great fun. There were some karaoke singing, but I just watched. I don't sing in public and everybody that sang were actually pretty good! Oh, and at the party, I got hit on...by a bunch of mothers! Apparently, they have single sons about my age ;-).

Saturday morning, I went to the gym at around 8:30 am. I ran on the tready for the Tracker 5K challenge. About 25 minutes into my running, my mom stopped by and asked if I can wait until 10:30 because she wanted to take the toning & ab classes. Who am I, a fitness nut, to refuse? So I was at the gym for 2 hours! I also did my UBWO and some leg exercises on the Smith Machine so it all worked out. Unfortunately, it was too hot in there! I don't know if the AC was broken, or the owner was just being cheap and they set the AC too low. All I know is that it was stiffling and the ceiling fans were not even turned on!

Saturday night, off I went to the Bon Jovi concert. We stopped by the diner first for some dinner before heading over to the Phillies stadium. The ticket said the show starts at 6:00, but we pulled into the parking lot at around 6:04 and Nickelback didn't come on until 6:30. Our seats were actually pretty good! We were on the 300 level, but it was the first row and towards the side so we were closer to the stage than if you were directly in front of the stage. Not as good as Jess's seats, but good enough. Nickelback was great! I like their songs, but didn't care much for the cursing in between the songs. Bon Jovi was UN-FRIGGIN-BELIEVABLE!!!! It was by far the best concert I've ever been to! By the end of the concert, my hands were sore from all the clapping and my voice was horse from all the singing/shouting. Before the concert, my friend was telling me that him and his friend gets annoyed when people sing in concerts since they paid to hear the artist sing and not the audience. Well, I told him right there and then too bad! I will definitely be singing my heart out, and I did! Definitely a night to remember. Before Bon Jovi came on, I bought a "Have A Nice Day" t-shirt for $45!!!! The most expensive t-shirt I ever bought! All the t-shirts being sold there were that price. I was initially apprehensive, but now I'll wear that t-shirt proud! The only thing is I knew way ahead of time about the concert. I could have met up with Jess! Did anybody read her blog? Wow! I'm so jealous of her! She got to touch Jon!

The great night turned out wierd. We were waiting in the parking lot for the traffic to ease up when this wierd guy, who was clearly high on something, asked us to speak to his friend on the cell phone because the friend wanted to know the wierd guy's location and didnt believe him. Apparently, the wierd guy was doing balloons in the parking lot & whoever he was with left & ran off when the cops came by. So the wierd dude was stranded. He kept leaning onto our car and wouldn't leave until his friends came by, which fortunately they did. Once the guy left, we quickly left the parking lot. The drive home wasn't too bad. My parents live 15 minutes away and my friend didn't live that far away either, so we got home in no time.

Sunday was pretty quiet. We went to church, had lunch at McDonald's (I had the salad!), went food shopping, then had a bbq for dinner.

Monday morning at like 2 am, my dad woke me up to tell me that he's taking my mom to the hospital. She's been coughing for the last couple of days, which she said is not because she's sick but because of the heat. Anyways, by Sunday night she was having a hard time breathing. So off they went to the ER. They didn't get to her in like forever since the ER was packed and there was another patient there that ended up dying. Anyways, they finally checked my mom and concluded that she has bronchitis, and thankfully not pneumonia. They prescribed her some antibiotics and sent her home. She's resting now at home.

So now I'm back to work. Tonight I'm going to see The Lion King at the Academy of Music in Philadelphia.

The End.

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

When we don't hear from you, we know you're out having a good time!

Feeling very jealous of the Bon Jovi concert, but glad you scored the last minutes tickets and were able to go.

Unknown said...

Glad your mom is ok. My wife went through a terrible bout of bronchitis and ultimately pneumonia last year...take good care of her!

Sounds like you had a fun weekend! I'm worn out just reading it all!

KatieFeldmom said...

Man you are a busy girl. So jealous that you got to go to the concert. It sounded wonderful and if they are coming back to NoCal, I am so going based on your's and Jess's review.

Hope your mom is feeling better soon.

Unknown said...

Bon Jovi is the dreamiest. Mmmm. I've had a crush on him since I was 16.

Glad your mom's feeling better!

Unknown said...

Sorry...meant to say hope she gets to feeling better. :o)

Melissa said...

Yes, glad to hear your Mom is ok & I hope she feels better soon!! Well wishes sent her way!

Bon Jovi, oh you lucky girl! I love concerts, but I've only been to a few. Aerosmith, Creed, & Tim McGraw. Oh & don't forget Poison- front row & got to touch Brett & everything. ;)