Monday, July 31, 2006

29:24

Yup, you got it! That's my new 5K record on the treadmill at 1% incline, LOL! And on an empty stomach! Not as good as Melissa's mind-boggling 24:32 and first place finish, but still impressive to me. If I ever run a 5K at 24:32, I will personally volunteer to get tested for performance enhancing drugs! LOL.

By the way, congratulations again Melissa! I'm very impressed. You're my idol!!! =)

Anyways, back to my own 5K, LOL. I felt good afterwards and felt that I could have gone faster. But, I'm forcing myself to improve slowly to not risk injury. Actually, I KNOW I could have gone faster today but I had to slow down to a fast walk at around 23 minutes because my iPOD died on me. It was fully charged when I left for work this morning, but my iPOD has been acting up lately. Once I got it restarted, I was off running again. I think I need to do something about my iPOD. Either get the battery replaced or just get the iPOD Nano that I had my eye on. That way, I can play around with the new Nike shoes feature. ;-)

One thing that I NEED to do is to go back to running outside to see if I could still do it. It's sad to say that our secretary is putting me to shame. She's doing the Couch-to-5K training program and she's up to running 4 minutes straight now, but the other day she went out for her run at 10 pm, when the humidity was slightly lower!!! Talk about being motivated! I may be able to run straight through, but when it comes to running outside in the humidity she beats me hands down. I NEED TO GO OUTSIDE!!! I know I have to do this, but what my brain tells me needs to be translated into action.

I did get new running shoes last week. There's a specialty running shoes store that just opened down the street from my work so I was out and back to work within 30 minutes. It would have been sooner, but I got stuck inside the store because it was pouring out. Anyways, I got the New Balance 767. I ended up trying out at least 6 different pairs before I decided to get this one. Maybe I can try it out for a run this week, hopefully outside! LOL.

Fitness overall has been going well. I worked out 6 days straight last week. The only glitch was Saturday. I wanted to run then do UBWO, but I only got UBWO done because I was too LAZY!!! The UBWO was even a close call. I procrastinated until the last minute and just got done barely until I had to run out to meet my mom at the mall. Does anybody have this problem? On track during the weekdays, then weekends seem to be a struggle.

I guess you could say I still got some cardio done last Saturday with the shopping marathon with my mom, LOL! She wanted me to go with her and help her look for an outfit for my brother's wedding. She is the mother of the groom, after all. We must have gone EVERYWHERE! She fell in love with this beautiful dress from Neiman Marcus, but it costs $850 with a bolero that costs $155! Not to mention that she needs to get it altered because she's a shorty like me. Holy crap! Granted, she's the mother of the groom, but I don't know if I can justify spending that much money for something you will only wear once! She didn't buy it when we were there, but she went back yesterday, so I don't know if she got it. There were other dresses that she liked, but the Neiman Marcus one was the one she really loved. If she bought this dress, she'll be wearing something that costs more than the bride's gown itself!

I noticed that some these high-end formal dresses run on the small side. My mom usually wear a size 6 (although she was able to fit into a size 2 for INC brand clothes from Macy's) but she was fitting into size 10's yestereday. I got bored at one point and tried on this one beautiful formal dress and I'm happy to say that I can still squeeze into a size 2! Actually, that might not be a good thing. I think it's because I have no boobs! LMAO!

-------------------------------------------

Thank you all for your kind comments last week! Situations like that always hit hard, but it makes you appreciate life more and reminds you to live life to the fullest. I wish we could attend the funeral to pay our last respect, but he went back to his home country last year to spend his last years there. We did pay our respect to his family here before they left.

------------------------------------------

Okay, enough already. I have to get back to work!

I'm still psyched about my 29:24. And it makes me think...could a (((GASP))) sub-29 minutes 5K be around the corner? Stay tuned!

9 comments:

Kimberly said...

Your running time is great! You'll be closing in on Melissa's before you know it :) Besides, there's some adrenaline when you're in the actual race, too.

HOLY CRAP on the cost of your Mom's dress. But if she feels beautiful and can afford it . . .

Just a lonely girl said...

Congratulations!! That's awesome time!

I just bought new shoes too...Adidas! I love them! I never have to work them in and they provide a perfect amount of support.

I personally won't run late at night...too nervous. But I do want to get used to running outside too. I'm trying for early morning.

Congrats on the size 2!!!

Wolfie said...

Man, can I just borrow you for one cardio session, and you can push my butt along? Great job!

Donna said...

YES YOU CAN! Just wait until race day when the arenaline is pumping, you'll see.

What kind of IPOD do you have?? Is it a mini? My first mini stopped holding a charge and I got a new one, that one decided to start skipping songs, so, again, with the extended warranty got another. This time I had to get the Nano. No problems with it yet. But still, I keep going back to Apple. Microsoft is supposed to be coming out with their version, should be interesting to see.

Irene said...

Formal occasion wear always runs small, so it's a matter of what fits, instead of the number size... I like INC, but the pants always fit me weird in the petites, even if I go up a size or two (I'm short too!) It always feels good to put on a smaller size, though! I'll bet that made your day!

You're getting faster! Woohoo! Your average mile is 9:28! Awesome! I hope the new shoes offer relief from your shinsplints and are helping with your performanc. Nice shoes! (I took a peek...)

Keep on keepin' on! You're doing great!

Lori said...

Great job on your 5k. I hear the NB shoes are good too. Aren't shoes expensive??? Wow.

Lori

Mari said...

Just catching up.
Hello

havlow said...

Ohhhhh I need to look into that couch to 5k program. That sounds like something I could use to liven thing up on my end.

jennifer said...

Size 2!!! You're tiny! I can't even imagine wearing that size.

The run time is great and it will get better. I know all about the need for music. I couldn't last in cardio without the MUSIC!