Tuesday, July 25, 2006

29:49

Another 5K improvement, which I set yesterday!

I know, I need to come up with new titles for my posts, but I can't think of anything right now. It's either my new 5K times or "Duh". LOL.

Speaking of 5K, our secretary asked me if I wanted to run a 5K with her around September/October. I told her that I would. She's training right now, but she's still doing run/walk intervals. She wants more time to train so she can run the whole thing. I'm kind of nervous about it. In theory, I can do it, but I don't know how it would turn out when I'm actually there. Plus, I'm uncertain on how my knees and shins would hold up. But I guess I won't find out until I actually do it. So my strategy is to keep running, but not to overdo it, improve SLOWLY, and pray! LOL. We still haven't figured out what 5K race we want to do, but there's plenty going on locally. She's really cool about it because she told me right off the bat that we do not have to run together. But by committing to run at a 5K event will help us both be accountable to a goal. I'm cool with that!

Anyways, workouts are going great! Last week, I managed to work out Saturday & Sunday. Saturday, I went to the gym by my parents and did 40 minutes MISS on the eliptical and LBWO. There were only 3 people, counting me, when I got to the gym which was nice. Sunday, I walked on my mom's rinky-dinky dreadmill for 40 minutes on an incline. So 4 days of workouts last week! Not too bad, considering I slacked off in the beginning.

Yesterday, I did the 5K/HIIT run on the treadmill & ab bootcamp. Today, I did 40 minutes MISS on the eliptical and UBWO. So off to a good start this week.

Eating hasn't been that great, but on the dot for the most part (~90%). Sunday was definitely a free day since I went to a b-day party. Tons of barbeque, and for some reason they ended up with 5 cakes! There were 2 people celebrating their b-days, but still!!!! There were also a lot of people there but 5 cakes is still too much! And you should have seen the size of some of these cakes! I limited my eating to fruits, grilled lean meats, some rice, and a piece of yummy strawberry cake. So a free day, but not an all out bingeing.

Oh, and I went to another musical this weekend! Actually, I went with my mom because my dad had some reunion with his college frat brothers going on and they already bought tickets. The musical was Disney's "AIDA" and was performed by the local summer stage group. It's basically the best of the best around the area among young artists (high school to 25 years old). My mom's goddaughter was in it. Well, I thought she only had a small part but it turned out that she had the lead, so she was Aida! The whole production was really well done, almost professional-like. And my mom's goddaughter was UNBELIEVABLE! I knew she could sing, but DAMN! And the most amazing part, she's only going to be a high school junior this coming fall! Pretty amazing for one so young! It was so cool, people were actually lined up to get her autograph! I found out that last year the summer stage group did "Les Miserables" and she played Eponine. Wish I could have seen that!

Well, that's about it for now. If I'm not too tired, I think I'm going to make some homemade protein bars tonight.

Later!

10 comments:

bethkk said...

OOOOH, I love Aida! I saw the touring company here a few years ago...great show but so sad!

Great job on the workouts...I feel like I'm getting back on track, too!

Kimberly said...

So cool on committing to an actualy 5K! I can't wait to hear how it turns out.

That's so great to see someone perform so well.

Melissa said...

You just keep on improving! I feel so STUCK at a certain number, I need to bust through it. OMG 5 cakes? Yes that seems a little much for only 2 bdays! LOL Good for you only eating 1pc! That would be so tempting...

Suz said...

dang, great time....I so suck! LOL
It's ok...but it drives me to see times like yours! I'm running a 5k with Bubblz in august! Great job

Irene said...

I titled some of my posts with my times when I was marathon training. It's great to see the times get a little faster! You're doing fantastic! Sub 30 minutes!!! Wooohooo!!! When you do the 5K event you'll be fine! I know the anticipation of actually doing a 5K can really get your mind going, but it's great that you have a friend who wants run a 5K too! That's also fantastic about your mom's talented Goddaughter. It's fun to see young talant!

FV Tom said...

Good job on your new PB!

Karla said...

Congrats on committing to the 5K and having a buddy too boot. Wow, 5 cakes, why oh why do people tempt themselves so much?! You did wonderful for a free day.

KatieFeldmom said...

Very cool on committing to the 5K!
Congratulations! You are going to do great!

Donna said...

Oh, I loved Aida. I cried at the end, so sad. I wish it would come this way again. I bought the CD and my daughter loves the music. I'd love to take her.

Good job on committing to the 5K. You'll do just fine.

Unknown said...

Good going on the 5K!