Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Spring is in the air

I can feel it....

The days have been longer, the weather has been decent. It's still chilly, but it hasn't been as bad. Actually, this coming Friday & Saturday is supposed to be in the upper 60's, maybe even 70's! I cannot wait!!!

*********************************************

Today around lunchtime, I went to the mall to do some shopping. I'm in desperate need of pants that actually fit & decent tops, specifically to wear for work. Some of the pants that I have are too big and the tops are either too big or too old. Anyways, the choice of clothing was just a disappointed. I must have missed the end-of-season sales because all the clothes available are for summer. It's not that warm yet, people! I just can't get into the warm weather clothing yet. Most of the pants were capris, and it's definitely not work appropriate. There were some dress pants that I liked, but they were just too expensive. Maybe I'll have better luck this weekend.

Fortunately, a good thing did come out of this whole shopping session. I went to Gap looking around and decided to finally try on some size 2 jeans. And guess what....THEY FIT!!!! And it's not like squeezing into it, looking like a muffin top. It actually fit comfortably, like you can sit without being afraid of popping a thread. There was one pair of jeans that didn't fit, and it was the ultra low rise Curvy which sits right around the butt crack. I swear, they make those for people without hips. Oh well!!! I was happy all the same. I actually bought a pair - sits just below the waist & flare cut. Really cute and very slimming! I only have one other pair of flare jeans and it's a size 6. It's loose, but I wear a belt and it looks okay. My mom has been covetting these jeans in like forever. I told her I'll give it to her once I replace it with another flare jeans. Well, guess she'll be getting a new pair of jeans the next time I see her :).

Oh, and my new pair of jeans...on sale for $29.99...and just the right length (a big deal for someone who's 5'1)! Not too shabby!

*****************************************

Today's workout was awesome! Made it to the gym first thing in the morning and did a kick-ass LBWO, followed by 30 minutes brisk walk on the treadmill at 3.5-3.8 mph & 3.5-5.0 incline. Go me!!!

Tomorrow is another attempt at making it to the 6:15 am spinning class. Otherwise, it's another boring HIIT on the stationary bike.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Congratulations on the size 2 jeans! What an awesome feeling (not that I would know what it's like to wear a size 2, but I can imagine... and dream!).

Keep up the inspiring work!

xo, Rachel