Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Elusive Runner's High

FINALLY!

Lately, I've been slacking off in my running. I haven't run outside in like FOREVER and if I do run, it's on the treadmill. Well today, I finally said F**K IT! I'm going to get my lazy butt outside and just RUN! It's been cool all day and no rain for once, so it was a perfect day for running. I went out around 6:30 pm, still light out but slightly overcast, and there were still a lot of people out taking advantage of the nice weather. I ended up running 4 MILES! That's a lot for me, yo! LOL. And it felt great! I didn't go all out. I just wanted to run for the sake of running so I was a little bit slow, but I ran the entire way! What's even more amazing is that I also did LBWO earlier today! So far so good!

I also discovered the pleasure of running on a track. OMG! It's like running on air! I passed by the public high school during my run and the track & field was open. I saw a couple with their baby go in for their walk so I followed and did one lap. I probably should have done more laps, but I didn't want anybody coming up to me and telling me to vacate the property. I think it was open because a truck was still there packing up some band equipment. The school usually keeps the track & field locked up so the public can't use it. I wish they would keep it open for the public sometimes. It's for a public school and I pay school taxes (2 of them, in fact!) and I don't have kids!

**********************************************

Celebrity Duets didn't do anything for me. I had every intention of watching it, but it didn't hold my attention. I ended up chanel surfing. When I have it on, I had it in the background while I did other things. I can't wait for Dancing With the Stars to come back! And also The Biggest Loser!

Speaking of TV, I just heard Keifer Sutherland won the Best Actor Emmy for 24! I don't normally care for these award shows, but I'm pretty excited that Keifer won coz I'm a big 24 fan! *SIGH* I have to wait until January for the next season.

10 comments:

Donna said...

Hmmmm, yeah, I hear you about running outside, I haven't done it in like forever too. I've been happy with my treadmill running lately. It's like a no brainer for me. Running outside, on the other hand, takes some talking into. If I had someone to run with it would probably be different.

I agree with you about Celebrity Duets, I didn't care for it either.

KatieFeldmom said...

Great job on the run!

Not only did Keifer win, but the entire show won too.

Julie said...

Way to go on the run! Do you have your Ipod going when you run outside? I find I have to have my tunes otherwise it seems like such a loooong run. I wish I had a track close to where I live just to vary things up a little.

Congrats on committing to the 5K run. You'll definitely feel the runner's high after completing it! The adrenaline I felt when I ran my 10K was so awesome. I hope you get to experience that feeling too.

Lori said...

When I used to run the only way I could do it was outside. I liked tracks to keep track of how far I had gone, but I liked running in a neighborhood to have something to look at.

Lori

jennifer said...

I will take te great oudoors any day either. it is an eye opener wen you have been putting in the miles on the treadmill.
Outside is more difficult, but more interesting. And yes, music is a MUST.
Glad it is coming together for you.

Pamela said...

Goood for you...I REALLLY wanna get back to running... I miss it sometimes .. just hearing about you enjoyin being out there sounds soo tempting!

Kimberly said...

Your post made me want to go find a track! That sounds like fun, running on air.

Janel said...

Bleh...running.

I did'nt love The celebrity duets either, I thought most of the celebs sucked. I was expecting to be pleasantly surprised, but I just wasn't. I AM looking forward to the new shows starting!!! WOO HOOO!!!

Liam said...

Hi there - Hope you don't mind me popping by and saying hello. Love your sense of humour as you write, and I'll be watching to see how you progress to your 5K next month.

Question - Have you used the C25K program to get you going?

Just a lonely girl said...

Awesome with the runner's high!!

I love Keifer...he really deserved that award!!