Friday, August 25, 2006

No Show

I had a wierd experience at the gym today. At spinning class, we were all set up and ready to go, and the instructor didn't show up! We waited and waited. Well, I wasn't going to waste my time! So I started doing my own thing. Thankfully, since we were all experienced spinners (LOL!) the gym manager let us work out on our own. They put on some pumping music and we were on our way! It was kind of amusing looking around and everybody were doing their own thing. I made sure I covered all bases - jumps, sprints, running, seated and standing climbs, etc. I also did my ab workout after spinning class.

Needless to say, my legs are so sore! Ouch Ouch Ouch!!! Between yesterday's run & LBWO and today's spinning class, my legs are paying the price today. I'll be stretching more tonight to hopefully alleviate the soreness.

My abs are also sore. I decided to add planks every ab workout. I was inspired by the plank challenge in the myblends forum, LOL.

This weekend, I'll be home for a change. Besides working out, I'm planning on catching up on housework & cooking my meals for next week. I'm actually looking forward to a boring weekend!

Have a great weekend everyone!

8 comments:

Greg said...

Chantel~You shoulda jumped and told 'em all you were in charge. I'm sorry to hear how sore you are. I know that feeling well. What are planks? I don't think I've ever heard of that.

Wolfie said...

I hope your instructor is ok! That's great that you all went ahead with your session though!
You've added planks to every ab session? Good grief! I hate those things! It's usually my arms that give out first, or my legs shake uncontrollably! lol I'm still working at it though!

I hope you enjoy your time at home this week!

And I love that video/song..I love Keith Urban!

Unknown said...

Hey girl...wow, killer workout. Sounds like you are kicking ass!! Enjoy the weekend. Dede

havlow said...

Cheers to a boring weekend!! Hey at least get out and see a movie or something :) Glad to see that you went ahead and got your workout in and still felt the burn!!

Just a lonely girl said...

Just reading that made me tired!

WAY TO GO!

Mari said...

Hi I'm palyen catch up. Hope all is well. Sounds like great fun on the spin bike. I love spin class I could never do it without the instructor. Good for you!

Karla said...

WTG on getting that workout in without an instructor! Sounds like you're doing a fantastic job.

Irene said...

Nice going on your improv spinning class! You could have probably taught the class!