Thursday, August 17, 2006

Update...

I don't know what's going on. I'm in a blogging funk. Nothing much going on. Still super busy at work. The good news I've been kicking ass with workouts this week. 4 straight days at the gym so far! The only thing is that I am having problem getting to the gym first thing in the morning. I ran on the treadmill for the tracker 5K challenge this Monday and I didn't break the record :(. But it's not too bad. I still got 29:29 which is only 5 seconds more than my PB of 29:24. The tracker challenge ended this Tuesday and I improved my time by 4:01 so it's all good. I do have to start running more to train for the 5K race in October.

I forgot to mention that I got a new iPOD Nano 2 weekends ago! I'm loving it! I was hesitant at first because of the price and I still had the iPOD Mini. But, I so wanted the Nano so bad, so I got it. Inspite of the cost it is so worth it! I gave my Mini to my brother. It's pink so he'll have to buy a jacket for it, LOL. I saw some hard cases at Five Below for $5 (of course) so that's not a problem. Eventually he will have to get the battery replaced since it's not holding charge as well as it did. I looked on the internet and to get the battery replaced costs about $50. But hey, begars can't be chosers! It's free so what more chan he ask for? It's still better than shelling out $250.

This weekend, I'm going to my parents again. My brother is having is housewarming party on Saturday around noon. Then, I'm skipping out early to go to my friend's daughter's first birthday. This friend is one of my good friends from college, so my other college friends are going to be there. I'm so excited since I haven't seen them in a while! God help me though, 2 parties in one day!!!

Hope everybody is doing well! I've been reading/commenting on your blogs but not as much as I used to. I had the blogs set up through Mozilla/Newsfox but just haven't had the time to check. I'll try next week.

9 comments:

Melissa said...

I haven't been on tracker in quite a while now so I'm curious, what was the winning 5k time in the challenge? Just curious if I could have come close to winning with my time of 24:32. ;)
Great job on the workouts girl!!! Oh, and the ipod nano, I have it too and was hesitant about the price. I SOOO don't regret it now! Love it!

Anonymous said...

I also LOVE my ipod nano!!!

Karla said...

One of these days, I am going to get me an ipod nano!

KatieFeldmom said...

Have fun at the parties.
Great job on bettering your 5K time.

Greg said...

Hi Chantel, just checkin in. I'm going to look into that Mozilla/Newsfox thing. I've taken this entire week off of the gym and it seems like forever. Good luck in your run!

jennifer said...

My blog is also suffering. I have to get organized, I am lagging everywhere. To much computer time and I still can't keep up. I don't even have a TV. Imagine if I had TV shows to watch. Well, I would have to retire.
I can't even look at those iPods. I would buy it and not think twice. In the meantime I will covet yours...lol.

Great job on the workouts and the 5K! YAY!

jennifer

Just a lonely girl said...

I love my Nano...it's so light and easy to use!

Awesome job on the running! Wow!

Irene said...

Nice job improving your time!

Amy said...

I need to look into one of those nano things....LOL. I am not at all familiar with them as you can tell. Great job on improving your time.