Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Super stressed!!!

Stress at work just increased to a new high today. I have a major deadline this Friday. I am basically done. All I had to do is convert these word documents into pdf files. And wouldn't you know, I accidentally deleted some of the word documents! Fortunately, all but one have the pdf version saved. Unfortunately, if I need to change anything I have to do it in the word format. I don't know what happened! I must have hit "cut" instead of "copy" when I was dropping files into another folder. Also, these files are in our shared network drive. If you delete files from network drive, it doesn't go to the recycle bin...it just disappear. You have to go through computer support to get these files restored. I put in a high priority request to our computer support today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and praying that they resolve this issue hopefully by tomorrow. It's not the end of the world if these files don't get restored. I will just have to re-create these files which will be A LOT of nail-biting work as it is crunch time.

To top it all off, I have to make some last minute MAJOR changes on another project that I thought I was done! I was supposed to start working on another project today that desperately needs immediate attention, but that got derailed. I just hope I can hold onto my sanity when this is all said and done!

On another note, my workouts are going well. Don't know how it's going to hold because of work.

Hope everybody's having a better day than me!

6 comments:

Wolfie said...

Sounds like my job! First thing when you get in tomorrow. Just sit there for like 30 seconds, and take deep, calming breaths. Make sure you get plenty of sleep tonight too! Hang in there, the week's almost over!

jennifer said...

At least your busy! ...lol, not to minimize your stress.

The weekend is almost here and it will all be a distant memory.

jennifer

Donna said...

Oh boy, that really stinks! I feel your pain. I was in a similar situation a few weeks ago. Of course, for me, my data was unrecoverable. I hope the rest of your week is better.

Kimberly said...

Oh, I hate all of the converting and losing documents. I'm not a complete idiod, but the help desk must get tired of recovering things for me.

The weekend is almost here! But I feel the same pain. So, so much to get done first.

KatieFeldmom said...

Hope things slow down for you soon. The weekend is almost here!

Irene said...

Breathe already! Take care of yourself no matter what! And, like Katie said, the weekend is almost here!