Sunday, May 07, 2006

Weekend Recap

It is Sunday night and I am finally getting some rest. This weekend was super busy! Finally got my master bathroom painted. I just have to do some small stuff like caulking the edges, re-grouting some of the tiles, replacing the shower head, etc. But the bulk of the work is pretty much done.

Workout wise was pretty good. Did not get the UBWO in but I think all the painting & scraping took care of that, LOL. I did get to run yesterday morning. I walked first for 2 miles because my mom wanted to go and she's not too familiar with the area. After we got done, I dropped her off and I headed out again for a run, about 3.5 miles.

Eating sucked. I pretty much resigned myself to having a free weekend. It's hard to stick with the program when there's other people around. But now that I'm on my own again, it's time to get back to my routine. So tonight, I made some EFL Turkey meatloaf & EFL Golden Pancakes for this week.

Speaking of pancake, I just got a Magic Bullet!



Actually, my mom bought it for me. She was so cute, she told me she got me a juicer! I was kind of upset coz I know how bulky they could get. I finally got good look at the packaging and realized it was the Magic Bullet. I was so excited! It came with a juicer & blender attachments, which is probably why she called it a juicer, LOL. I used it for the first time to make the EFL Golden Pancakes. The only thing is, either I didn't tighten the bottom enough or it did it on its own, but the bottom loosened and I had some pancake batter leaking out. Kind of messy. I have to be careful next time.

****************************************

When shopping, do you guys tend to accidentally grab someone else's shopping cart? Well I do it all the time! Normally, I leave my cart to grab something then I don't pay attention and grab someone else's. Anyways, I did it AGAIN today at Target. I think I went pretty far this time before I realized the cart wasn't mine. Luckily, I saw my cart, left the other cart, and quickly left, pretending everything's normal, LOL!

*********************************************

School (for Erin)

Right now, I'm taking classes towards a Certification in Regulatory Affairs. Basically, it teaches you FDA regulations involved with licensing pharmaceuticals, biologics, & medical devices. The class that I just took happens to be about medical devices. You only take 4 classes for the certification. I already took 2, counting the recent one. Last year, I finished my Masters in Pharmaceutical Chemistry, which was purely science, so it was a lot harder. I have to admire those that work full and go to school full time. Especially those that have family also. I've only taken one class per semester, no obligation elsewhere except for the upkeep of a house & work, and it is challenging as it is!

**************************************

That's about it for this weekend! Hope everybody had a good one!

2 comments:

Donna said...

I had a really bad weekend with eating too. Ugghh! That party just threw me all off track and I couldn't get it back. It was so hard having those leftovers in the house yesterday. I didn't plan on eating them, but guess what? I did. I still have this big, huge dessert in my fridge. It's in the biggest bowl I've ever seen, I should take a picture, before I throw it out, ha ha. It's one of those trifle things with brownies, pudding, whipped cream, heath bars(at first I typed health, yeah right) and that's what I had for breakfast yesterday. OK, I'm hungry now.

Melissa said...

That's funny about the cart at Target, I've never done that. OH- so YOU'RE the one who took off with my cart!! LOL just kidding. Mine has a kid in it now so something tells me you wouldn't confuse it for yours. hee hee

Congrats on the MB- I love mine, as I've said like, a million times. It's the best!

How about 24 tonight?! OMG I wanted to pull that little snitch Miles through the tv and beat him! I knew she shouldn't have told him. AHHHHH!!! Just one more obstacle... gotta love how involved we get in our shows, lol.