Monday, May 01, 2006

This is me...

Okay, here's my picture.



This was taken in December, as indicated by the heavy clothing. Now I just have to figure out how to add it as my profile picture. I forgot already!!!

*******************************

Now for some treadmill update. Sears sucks! Went there yesterday to pick the treadmill up and get a price adjustment. Apparently, Sears price match everything except the Nordictracks. So I got my refund and purchased the treadmill directly from nordictrack.com last night. I still saved over $100. The only thing is I have to wait 2-3 weeks for delivery and they can only guarantee curbside delivery. I have to track the shipment and make sure I'm home for the delivery and maybe have the delivery people at least take it inside the house. Right now, I'm still okay with not having a treadmill since it's still nice enough to run outside. So overall, it worked out for the best.

I also went to the Nordictrack store at the mall to see if I can order it there. For some reason, it's $300 more at the store than online for the same exact treadmill. Wierd!

No workout yesterday, but did a lot of walking again at the mall. My mom & dad came over to help me with the treadmill, but we ended up just shopping around. My mom is a marathon shopper! I was exhausted by the time we were done! Also, I had another cup of Coldstone Creamery ice cream, but this time, my mom & I shared the small waffle cup of ice cream. I got Monkey Bites this time. My dad got the Birthday Cake Remix. Both were awesome! I have to stay away from that place - it's dangerous! Unfortunately, they bake the waffle cups right there and you can smell it from afar and it's like calling you!

Besides my treadmill & shopping episodes this weekend, my entire weekend was pretty productive. Of course socially, it was shot, but I got a lot done! I was able to work on my paper, got 3 loads of laundry done, cleaned,

Today was okay. Got my cardio HIIT done on the treadmill and got a new PB of 2 miles in 19:07 minutes - a whopping 0.01 seconds faster, LOL! I'm still happy about it. I didn't think I was going to beat my time because I could only go as fast as 6.8 mph (7.0 normally), but I started out faster so I just barely made it. I also did my ab workout - crunches, medicine ball workouts, pilates, knee ups, & back extension.

When I got home, I went out for a run. I was just planning a short run, about 3 miles. However, even that was a challenge. My legs just felt off and my left knee started bothering me a little bit. I can actually tell that my running was off and no matter what I do I just seem to land on my left leg hard, hence the cause of my knee issue. I had to have some walking breaks thrown it. I got in about 3.5 miles of run/walk, so it's still all good!

Another thing, my allergy has been bothering me all day!!!! I've had allergies for a couple of years now, but it was more of an annoyance before. I don't know what it is this year, but I've been having full blown allergy symptoms! Ugh!!!!

My paper is almost done! Yay! Tonight I have to work on my presentation slides because I have to submit it to my professor tomorrow morning. My presentation is Wednesday morning via the phone (gotta love online classes!) then he gives us additional time to re-work on our paper based on feedback from the presentation, and then the paper gets submitted on Thursday. Once I got into it, it wasn't that bad. I will work on my presentation while watching 24 ;-D.

12 comments:

Lori said...

It's ABOUT TIME YOU POSTED A PICTURE. You are so little!!! How cute.

Lori

Wolfie said...

OH my GOD Chantal! You're gorgeous! You remind me of a friend that I have at work that is from the Phillipines! Sorry for the hassle you had at Sears, but it's good that you saved some money! It sounds like you've been having some great workouts, so keep up the great work! And I know you'll be happy when you finish your paper! I know what you mean about the allergies. I've been having problems too, and we had to close up the house and turn on the air. I wish we didn't have to do that so early in the year! And OMG, I just love hearing my hearthrob Keith every time I click on your page!

Melissa said...

YAY!! A PIC!! You're so pretty! Why haven't you posted one sooner missy... :) There you go talking about Coldstone again...mercy sakes I would eat a gallon of it right now if I could (BAD cravings goin on). WTG on the personal best! Hey, 1sec is 1sec!! Woooohooooo! Keep it up girl.

Kimberly said...

It's so nice to see your picture!

I've suffered with allergies for years and nothing really worked until I tried Zyrtec last summer. They are magic pills.

Janel said...

A HA!!! The mystery woman finally shows herself!! LOL You are too cute, nice to see ya!!! :D

Donna said...

So happy to finally see you. It seems more personal now. That's a great picture.

Too bad about the whole treadmill situation. I'm such an instant gratification person, I hate to wait for anything.

Rachel said...

You are so beautiful! Thanks for posting a picture. It's so nice to put a face to a blog. =)

Wow, you're a busy bee. And you still find time to fit your workouts in. You rock.

I'm surprised Sears was willing to lose a sale rather than refund the $100. Hmph.

Hope you have a great day. Good luck finishing your paper and presentation. I hope your allergy symptoms go away!

xo, Rachel

Just a lonely girl said...

Nice picture!
I agree...Sears sucks! Remember when it used to be the place where people with very little money shopped? Now, it's some upscale place. Ridiculous!
I can relate to the allergy thing. I developed them when I was around 25 and every year they get worse. I know the lilacs are coming LONG before the damn things bloom!
So, you used to live in Toronto, huh? Too bad you don't live here anymore! That would be fun!

KatieFeldmom said...

YAY A PICTURE!
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!
Hope your legs and allergies are doing better and that your paper/presentation go well.

Julie said...

Great picture! I agree with everyone that you are beautiful! You remind me of one of the girls in my lab at school. I'm so happy for you that your paper and presentation are almost done. That end of school year feeling is always the best.

Amy said...

hey great pix and congrats on the new treadmill.

good luck with your presentation this week!!! how interesting to have it over the phone.

cameronoper8 said...

Dear Chantal,
My name is Cameron and I represent Icon Health & Fitness. We manufacture all NordicTrack Fitness Equipment. I read over your blog posting and am willing to offer you something if you remove the first two paragraphs of this posting. Let me know if you are willing to do this. My email is cstechops@iconfitness.com. Thanks.

Cameron
NordicTrack Fitness
Customer Care
September 8, 2009