Monday, May 08, 2006

18:56

That's right! 2 miles in 18:56 - A new personal best!!! YEESSSSSS!!!! That's my 20 minutes HIIT on the treadmill first thing this morning. I was so pumped! At the 20 minutes time point, I racked up about 2.11 miles! Last week, my record was 19:07 for 2 miles. That's an 11 seconds improvement this week! The only thing was I wasn't able to get abs done. I only had time for cardio since I had to go back to work. Oh well!

Things kind of went downhill from there. Allergy struck me hard today! I couldn't even concentrate at work. My nose was just stuffy & runny at the same time and my eyes were watering all day! I finally caved in and ran to the drug store during lunch time to get some allergy medicine. I feel like shit! Allergy must be pretty bad this season because the allergy drugs at the drug store were almost gone! I also overheard a couple of the pharmacists talking about how bad it is this season. Also, my black car is covered in yellow pollen stuff. I came home and all I can do is lie down and rest.

Well, I still feel like shit so I'm going to sleep. At this point, if I still feel like this tomorrow and couldn't get my workout done, I couldn't care less.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

GIRL.....AWESOME job on your running!! You are such an inspiration. I hope the allergies get better. Continue kicking ass!! WAY TO GO!!

Kimberly said...

From a personal best to overcome by allergies! Aren't days like this so weird? I have to stay on top of my allergies or else I'm out for the season. My eyes are itching. Is that for real or because I read this post and now I can't remember if I took my medication last night or not?

bethkk said...

WOW! You are my new idol! I think my next goal will be 2 miles in 20 minutes. Since I ran 11 minute miles during the Mini, I SHOULD be able to do that pretty soon. Then I'll strive to be like you!

I hear you on the allergies! UGH! I got re-tested last fall, and my worst allergy is to ash trees. Well, guess what's in my front yard? Yep, the biggest ash tree you've ever seen. And on the news yesterday they said that ash pollen in the worst right now. Lots of drugs go in this body every day, but the headache still nags! Hope you're feeling better!

FV Tom said...

Great job on your run! That's great.

Rachel said...

Congrats on your new personal best. You can move it, move it!

I hear ya on the allergies. Almost everyone I know is suffering big time right now. I don't get the typical itchy eyes, stuffed up nose symptoms, but I do get itchy all over and it drives me insane. I hate being itchy.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

xo, Rachel

Donna said...

That's great!! You're improving really fast. Sorry to hear that your allergies are acting up. It seems like this is a bad year for allergies everywhere.

Hypertrophy said...

31 , depressing ? please ... come see me in 11 years .. LOL.

#12 .. . yep. been there until about age 27.

Another Harry Connick Jr. fan ! excellent !!!

You're not at all boring !! I really enjoy reading about the diversity from one blend to the next.

Thanks for sharing !

:)