Friday, May 19, 2006

Stress at work

Either there's no other choice due to lack of resources or my boss has a lot of faith in me. One of my co-workers gave birth this weekend and I inherited all of her work. She was 2 weeks early so there are things that are left unresolved. It's not that bad, it's just that I have to do more to get up to speed with her projects. Needless to say, I am currently doing the job of 2 people. To top it all off, she has deadlines to meet within the next couple of weeks, which becomes my deadlines. The work is not bad if it's just routine stuff. However, the nature of our work is very technical and specific. So now not only do I have to know the intricate details of my projects, but I have to know my co-worker's as well. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy my job. I guess I just have to get used to working at a faster pace.

On to fitness...

Eating has been so-so. Clean during the day, but disastrous when I get home. I seem to have been suffering the same fate as a lot of the blends, which is bingeing. My weakness is the Quaker Oats multi-grain snack. It's only 60 calories per serving, but I can't seem to get enough! I made the mistake of buying it because it's low calories. Unfortunately, it is so good that I just keep on eating until it's gone. Also, I have this reduced fat slow churn ice cream in the freezer, a leftover from when my parents were over. Guess what I've been snacking on late at night????

Workouts has been okay too. I've been doing the minimal requirements, which are cardio HIIT, UBWO, and LBWO. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do any long runs this week. It's mostly due to rain. I had the opportunity Wednesday & yesterday, but the sky looked like it's going to rain, but then it doesn't. It doesn't help that all the weather reports here are predicting rain. It's really frustrating!

The good news is that yesterday I did a killer LBWO. My butt is still sore and it hurts to sit. Today, to make up for the lack of running, I did 30 minutes HIIT on the treadmill. My goal was to get 3 miles in 30 minutes, or hopefully 5K in under 30 minutes. Get this...I reached 3 miles in 28:08!!! Also, I ran 7.1 mph for my level 10. I was curious as to what time it would take me to run 5K, which I mistakenly believed to be like 3.25 miles. So I kept running and reached 3.25 miles in 30:30. It turned out that 5K is 3.125 miles (DUH!), so I think I got it in under 30 minutes. I can't remember. I know, it's slow by a typical runner's standard, but I'm very proud of this! I think I'm going to alternate my treadmill HIIT sessions with 20 minutes and 30 minutes from now on. I usually do them on Mondays so one week I would do 20 minutes and then the next week do 30 minutes, and try to better my time each week.

Despite my not so stellar week, I weighed myself today right after HIIT and the scale read 109 lbs. I guess I didn't sabotage myself that much.

My treadmill finally arrived! There was a confusion with the delivery though. I called the delivery company and they assured me that they would give me at least a day's notice before they deliver. Well, they called me Tuesday as they were 10 minutes away from my house to get directions. By the time I got home, this big box was sitting at the end of my driveway. I called my dad and he came over to help me bring it into the house. Well, I didn't realize the thing weighed a ton! It came in pieces, but the motor, belt, & handle came in this one big, heavy piece. It took me, my dad, & my next door neighbor to just drag it into the house. Right now, the treadmill is sitting in my living room. I have to get my dad and my 2 brothers to help me move it to the basement, where it will permanently reside. So I have it, but still can't use it. Bummer! I think if I do sell my house, the new owners will be getting a treadmill since I don't know if I want the hassle of moving it to the new location.

Tomorrow is the wedding that I'm going to. The wedding's at 10 am with the reception at noon. I might as well kiss clean eating goodbye for tomorrow. Maybe if the reception ends early enough, I can go for a run in the afternoon.

Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Donna said...

Here's the link for the armband - http://www.jaminnov.com/products/holdaflip/holdaflip.html.

Have fun at the wedding, I'm sure it'll be a good time.

Sorry about the treadmill frustrations. I'm no good at stuff like that, thank god for my husband.

Wolfie said...

Sorry you're so stressed at work lately! I was there not too long ago! That's probably what's triggering your evening eating patterns, as stress can play heavily on your eating. Get those things out of the house that you can never eat just one of! I don't care how low calorie they are, if they trigger you, get rid of them! So you weren't able to get in any long runs this week...your next paragraph you say you did 30 minutes HIIT and 7.1 miles? JeezLouiz girl! Between that and your lifting this week, you should be proud! And excuse me...I'm still choking on the 109 pounds! I'm pretty short, but never, ever, ever have I ever been at 109 pounds! You're such a tiny thing! Have a fabulous time at the wedding!

Melissa said...

Way to go on the run, look at you!! You've really been improving, keep it up!! Hope you had fun at the wedding. :)

Donna said...

Hey, I got my holder for my cell phone yesterday. It does wrap around your wrist, not your arm, sorry for the misinformation.

Lori said...

Great running. You are flying. Good job.

Lori

Irene said...

Ugh! Work stress. I hope you're able to take some time to breathe!

WTG on the running! You're running smart, too. The general rule is to never increase your milage or speed by more than 10% UNTIL you're ready to do so. You're doing great with the time. I wouldn't say you're slow -- sure, there are people that can pass us up as if we're standing still... However, YOU'RE RUNNING... Yay!

~Irene

Kimberly said...

Your times sound fast to me! I hope the wedding was fun and that the treadmill makes it to the basement soon.

Rachel said...

Hope you enjoyed the wedding and your weekend.

You should be proud of your running! Didn't you say you couldn't even run a lap during school? Look how far you've come!

Wishing you well with your new workload.

xo, Rachel

Mari said...

Hope you had fun. Wow 109 not bad at all.