Friday, May 05, 2006

Friday couldn't come any sooner

Paper is finally done!!! I'm so happy! That's it for this semester! Now all I have to do is wait for my grade.

Workouts are going. Yesterday, I did LBWO in the morning then 4 miles walk/sprint intervals in the afternoon. My legs felt like lead during my run so I did what I could. I was only going to do 2 miles, but as I was on my way home I got so pissed at myself for giving up so I quickly walked to this stretch of flat 0.5 mile road where the schools are located. Since it was around 6-7 pm, there were hardly any people there except for some high school function by the track & field which was still going on. I was pretty happy with it in the end.

Today, I woke up late again and missed the 6:15 am spinning class. I still went to the gym in the morning but did 20 minutes HIIT on the recumbent bike. According to the stupid bike, I only burned 152 calories. I don't think that it's correct. I was huffing and puffing and the back seat of my bike was completely soaked! I then tried this one equipment in the corner called the VersaClimber:
Has anybody tried this equipment? Good Lord, I thought I was going to pass out! A co-worker of mine was telling me about this. She said she can only do about 5 minutes of it. I ended up doing 10 minutes by sheer will. By the time I finished, my heart was going a mile a minute and my shirt was completely soaked. One thing for sure, I did not look as happy as the woman in the picture, LOL!

Next week I'm going to TRY to switch my running to the mornings, then weight lifting in the afternoons. It's getting way too hot here already. This morning at 5 am, it was already 66F! It went up to 80F yesterday and today. Guess summer's here!

This weekend is going to be super busy! My parents are here to help me paint my master bathroom - FINALLY! My house is about 14-15 years old and I bought it about 3 years ago. It had 2 owners before me. Although they maintained the house really well, they did not do anything to make the house aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Most of the walls still have contractor paint when I moved in. Those that they painted sucked! The master bathroom, for instance, has this ugly green color on one wall with ivy borders that's peeling off. I'm so happy that it's finally getting some fresh color! I still have a lot that I want to do with the house, but it's getting there. Next painting job is the 3rd bedroom/office, which is currently has this obnoxious, super bright yellow wall paint. Then next year, depending on finances, I'm planning to replace the vinyl floors (aka dirt magnet) in my kitchen, powder room, and the foyer.

Hope everybody have a good weekend!

5 comments:

Donna said...

My gym doesn't have one of those. It looks pretty intimidating. So, will you do it again?

Good luck with the painting this weekend.

We're having just about the same weather here. I love it.

KatieFeldmom said...

YAY FOR YOU! Are you off from school for the summer or taking any classes?

I've been afraid of that machine, but maybe I should give it a go today.

And I hear you about previous owners. The one here had pink spongepaint on all of her walls, including the high valuted ones. It's horrible. We are slowly getting rid of it, but man oh man, when it was the pink spongepaint AND the pink miniblinds, whew!

Melissa said...

We have the versaclimbers at the gym here on post, I've never tried them! I will have to try it while I'm here! :)
Good job getting to the gym when you didn't want to go, at least you did the 20min HIIT, that will keep your metabolism revved! :)

Erin said...

hey there... I don't think I've stopped by here yet and I am WAY behind on commenting... I apologize if I'm asking questions that you have already answered repeatedly:

First, I'm glad you posted a picture... and it's SO cute too! I feel like a dork that I don't have a picture up for my profile, but if you give me your email address (PM on tracker or otherwise) I'd be more than happy to send pics so that you know what I look like :)

CONGRATS on finishing the semester. This time of year I get very frustrated that my school is on such a weird (LATE) schedule... but we don't start until late september. What are you in school for? It sounds really interesting... the project you described. Also, are you crazy like me, working full time while going to school?

How much time do you have left in your program? Do you have a plan for what you are going to do when you are done?

Sorry about all the questions... just curious :)

Have fun working on the house! Sounds like you have great plans!

Julie said...

I've never seen the Versa Climber before. Looks interesting! That's awesome that you're done with school. Hope you had time to celebrate a little this weekend amidst all the painting!