Thursday, June 14, 2007

I think I've lost my marbles...

Okay, as if running is not enough. I've recently been entertaining the thought of doing *gasp* a duathlon!

As long as my body can handle it, I'll never give up running! But there will come a time when I will need more of a challenge. Nuts, huh?

But, I will most likely not get into it until next year. This year, I want to focus on completing a half marathon or two (or three). ;-D

Plus, I need to get a bike and figure out if I still remember how to ride one. I haven't been on one since grade school! LOL.

What brought this on? There's this guy on the RWF that is about the same level as me in terms of running. He actually finished just a couple of minutes ahead of me at the Broad Street Run. Before he took up running, he lost A TON of weight! It is really inspiring! Anyways, he recently did a duathlon on a whim, although he's been thinking about it for a while. The way he related his experience was really funny, especially the fact that he rode a cheap bike while everyone else were in bikes that cost $$$$. Turned out that he didn't do too bad! He didn't win anything, but he was far from last!

I started reading up on duathlons a bit, and it seems like it's just like a 5K race. There's the people who's out in front to win, then you have the middle-of-the-pack athletes, then the back-of-the-pack athletes. So really, it's a friendly environment.

I already have the running down (sort of), and I really enjoy spinning. So I guess I have that base to start with.

What do you all think?

As for the Tony thing...much as I would love to sign up to him it's probably not realistic right now. It's mostly due to expenses. I completely forgot that I have a big vacation planned, plus some minor house works that I want taken care of this summer. Not to mention, the spinning bike that I've been saying I was going to get soon! I have to get my priorities straight, right? So I'll just have to forego the Tony thing for now and revisit later.

Oh, and I did run the 5K race last night! It was really fun and I was happy with the results. More details to follow. For now, I have to clean my house since my parents are coming over tomorrow. I just need to get that duathlon thing off my chest. :-D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun and interesting. I say do what makes you happy! Because when you're on your deathbed you don't want to be saying 'Dang, I should've done that duathlon, back when I had the chance.' Go for it! And I so understand about the Tony thing. Expenses is the reason why I don't entertain the thought of hiring him. Even though I KNOW I'd finally get the look I so desperately want with him in my pocket. Some day, some day.....