Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Grrrr!!!!

Okay, sorry but I just have to get this out of my chest.

I live in a townhome and the surrounding area is a common area. We don't have gates or anything so although I do own some land, anybody have access to all the lawn area. For the most part, this doesn't bother me.

My house is one of the end-units, and as such I have bilco doors with outside access the basement. Today, I was inside my house minding my own business when I hear a bunch of loud thumping coming from the outside and reverberating throughout the house. When I checked outside, I saw a bunch of kids catapulting themselves onto my bilco doors.

Now, I would have just told the kids to stop it and that's it. However, this is not the first time that it happened and today, their mothers were just standing there talking to themselves and watching this all happen! Now, I don't know about you all but I was raised to RESPECT OTHER PEOPLE'S PROPERTY!!!! Granted, it's all open area, but it's still MY HOUSE! How would they feel if I go to their decks and act like I owned them!

I was nice enough and respectfully told them to stop what they were doing and the mothers apologized. But I shouldn't have to do that! They're adults, they should know better!

Here's another thing. Sometimes, when I come home from work I have to wait to park my car IN MY OWN DRIVEWAY because for some reason, the kids like to congregate in my driveway. They have their own driveways, but there must be something special about mine! Often times, the kids goes off to who knows where but they leave their bikes in the middle of my driveway and I have to wait until the mothers realize that I'm actually home and they quickly scramble to retrieve their kids bikes.

Is it too much to expect everyone to have some courtesy, or common sense?!?

Okay, am I overreacting? Am I just being a beotch?

Sorry, just gotta vent. Whew, now I feel better! :0)

5 comments:

Greg said...

Chantal I know exactly how you feel. I always have that barrier between wanting to outright kill them and their parents or getting the scene over without violence. If you get real mad the next thing you know is your house becomes a teenage egg target. I think on the most part..good manners are gone. I see it everyday from not getting thanked for opening doors for people to just out right rudeness everywhere.

Here's to those like us, not many left, most are dead. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, this kind of stuff totally burns my a** too. It's just rude and inconsiderate. I totally don't understand what has happened to having a little respect for others in this day and age. I've brought up my children to be very respectful of other people. If it doesn't belong to you then HANDS OFF!

Jen said...

I live in a townhouse also but luckily - there are no kids in our community. We do have several little old ladies who walk their dogs and someone allows their dog to poop on my little patch of lawn and leaves it there! This is totally against community rules. I am a dog lover and responsible pet owner so this ticks me off. I'm thinking of putting a nasty sign on my little lawn.

Angela said...

Please believe me...i feel your pain! I have to deal with it every day......there are a bunch of kids that have "adopted" the house next door to me to hang out and play....and these boys are a little older (teens) and they hang out and play cards and eat and throw all their trash and sunflower seed shells all over my pavement! No respect at all! And the best part? One of the boys that is out there...lives across the street! Hang in front of your own damn house! Pisses me off to no end....sorry....i just vented too....lol

Laurie said...

You're so not overreacting, I can't believe how checked out parents are now days. And it's not just kids, the so-called adults that have no respect for anyone or anything that isn't of immediate concern to them is an epidemic. Thank goodness there are a few of us left who are trying to make sure that the concept of respect doesn't go the way of the dodo bird.