Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Good reads, paranoia, and television

So I picked up a couple of books at Barnes & Noble this weekend. This is pretty amazing for me considering the last book I read was Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. LOL.

Anyways, I was so engrosed with this book that I finished it in two days:



If you want a motivational read, It's Not About the Bike: My Journey Back to Life by Lance Armstrong is highly recommended.

Right now, I'm reading this book:


It's not really a training book for running. It's about John Bingham's story from being a couch potato to a "penguin" runner. There are tons of advice for beginner runners, but it's more autobiographical than a step-by-step instruction manual.

Actually, I SHOULD be reading this:

Zzzzzzzzz....Boring! Unfortunately, I have to read it for my class and I am way behind!

----------------------------------------------------

Paranoia

I got a phone call this morning at 5:30 am! Luckily, I was already awake. It freaked me out because I thought something bad happened to someone. It turned out it was my dad wanting to know if I was okay. Apparently, he had a nightmare that someone broke into my house. I have an alarm system, thank you very much! I am touched that he called. However, now I'm all paranoid at the possibility. Sheesh!

--------------------------------------------------

Television

Still watching my normal TV shows -- 24, Heroes (courtesy of my VCR), American Idol, etc.

24 and Heroes are the usual action packed, edge of your seat storylines. I love them!

As for American Idol, I think the great singers are Melinda, Lakisha, Jordin, and Stephanie. The guys can all go home for all I care. However, I can't really say that anybody is standing out as a "star" to me. I'm still waiting.

I ended up watching "Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?", which was right after American Idol. I got the question to the Dewey decimal system wrong! I just don't care about it. I got everything else right though! Woohoo!!!

When is "House" coming back? They've been teasing us about the next episode with Dave Matthews, but it doesn't say exactly WHEN it's coming back. I miss it!

And OMG! "Dancing With The Stars" is coming back in 3 weeks!

5 comments:

Christie said...

I was beginning to think your ipod carried you away!
Just got the Lance Armstrong book, so looking forward to reading it...and ummm, Helllllllooooo...I know already (about House that is.) I so love that show. One of these days at work, I am soooo gonna "House" someone...I'm tellin ya, it's gonna happen. hehe

Pamela said...

the books look Great! well ok right up to the one for school!...akk it looks like half the stuff in the back office of our nursing station! *noooo* ~lol~

david santos said...

Hello!
This work is very good, thank you

Donna said...

Hey, who is this David Santos? He left a comment on my blog too. Anyway, yes, I'm looking forward to House coming back too. We just recently got a DVR so I can actually tape it now. I'm watching American Idol too. What is it with some of the girls and their attitudes though? My god! Grow up! I love that Letisha and Melinda are so down to earth, but are soooo good. And Heroes, love that show too.

KatieFeldmom said...

I think House starts again next Tuesday.

I agree with you about American Idol. No favorites for me yet either. Although I do know who I don't like.

I'm loving Are you Smarter too.

Now, stop reading these comments and get back to studying!!!!!!!!!!